What's new

Bravo's Celebrity Poker Season Three (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The first hour of the first game in season 3 of Celebrity Poker was pretty amusing, with Jerry O'Connell getting the boot by Dave Navarro, who had his number all night long. Jerry provided some excitement as he got lucky on the river to pull out a win against Navarro early in the game.

Jennie Garth played tight, too tight, but she did make a nice play to win a nice pot in the second hour.

Evil Willie Garson got no cards, and never mounted much of a threat.

The heads-up final two pitted Richard Kind against Dave Navarro, and it had some nice swings back and forth, but Dave finally caught some good cards while Richard went all-in with a bluff and bad cards, and put Richard out of his misery.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's table features:

Jeff Gordon
Penn Jillette
Angie Dickinson (or is that Martha Stewart?)
Kathy Griffith
Ron Livingston

Penn is killing me tonight, he's hilarious. He called Jeff Gordon "Skippy". LOL!

Do yourself a favor and tune into Bravo and watch the rest of the episode (or catch the replay later tonight, I think).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hahahaaha! Kathy Griffith just re-raised Penn $1500 (after Penn bet $1500 and called him an A-hole - Cingular pulled its advertising just in time, I guess...). Then Penn re-raised once again... Love the bullying... And she called the bet!

On the turn, a face card, Penn checks and Griffith goes all in! Penn has to fold after so many high cards show up with Penn holding pocket 8's while she had A-Q. She pushed Penn around and crippled him, he's lost over half his initial stack already.

This is really fun!

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Wow, Gordon won. I guess you do have to have guts to drive a race car. He seemed like he was one of the better players at the table as well. I imagine he has been in a few high stakes games sitting around the track.

Why did Cingular pull their ads? Every once in a while it almost seems like the had to do a quick cut to remove Dave Foley saying Cingluar, almost lieka quick glitch.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

Hahahaha! It's POKER! Even if celebrity poker. What do they (Cingular) think people do when they play poker at home? Sit around and talk on their cell phones?!!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I have to admit I know nothing of NASCAR or its stars but I have to admit that Jeff Gordon was pretty cool at the card table. I liked his presence, his demeanor, and his play despite his folding the second to last hand of the game.

The show itself is improving and becoming a bit edgy. Still warming up to Dave Foley but he is getting better. Looking forward to next Thursday.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone notice how much Penn calmed down after the second half? He was constantly acting up and then they came back from a commercial and he was much calmer. It could have been that he was losing. But, I wonder if the producers told him to settle down. Angie is still a frisky lady making them comments about Jeff. ;) I met Jeff Gordon at the Licensing show last month. He was very nice. I think he was trying to handle the zingers thrown at him by the others on the table.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Penn pretty much shut up after Kathy Griffith put the smack-down on him and forced him to lose half his stack when he over-played pocket 8's.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Here's the players in tonight's showdown:

Will Arnett
Jason Bateman
David Cross
Peter Facinelli
Judy Greer

4 of them are from the cast of Arrested Development. This should be fun!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's had a lot of action, big swings in chip stacks, pretty fun evening once it got down to 4 players.

"The Power of the Banana!"

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
That was very entertaining and I'd have to say that Scott Foley is finally getting into the groove of hosting.

Glad to see David make it to the next round again. I thought he was self destructing early on, but pulled himself back from sub-$3k like a champ.

Looks like next week my favorite Mimi Rogers will be up for another shot. Fun to see repeat contestants as they bring some good experience to the game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Dave" Foley. Scott Foley is that guy who used to be married to Jennifer Garner. :)

Dave is definitely figuring out the game of NLH, so he is starting to sound more intelligent about when players make a good or bad play.

Cross was getting killed in the early hands, but definitely got hot at the end. The Power of the Banana was when it all turned around for Cross.

Ike

Screenwriter
I can't stand Facinelli. He seems like the scuzziest guy. I'm so glad that Cross beat him (I love David Cross). It was just painful watching Facinelli go, "Look at me Charlie, look at me...no queens," very seriously, with all of his hand movements. I'm glad Cross ragged him for hiring a private tutor. You could tell he didn't like Peter very much.

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
As this is HTF, I'm surprised no one's commented about how everyone in the loser's lounge is watching the action on a widescreen TV, but with the 4:3 image stretched out to fill the screen... :D (Or was that in another thread and I missed it?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks