What's new

Both Stockard Channing Shows Coming Out in Canada! (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
How come it's only available in Canada?? And if it got a 38 share, why was it cancelled so quickly??

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Who knows? Who cares? So long as we can order it what difference does it make if you buy it from Amazon US or Amazon CA?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Why are Stockard Channing's long-forgotten failed TV sitcoms from a quarter-century ago coming to DVD? Because she was recently a regular on The West Wing? What these studios won't do to make a quick buck....

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Please do not complain when a studio releases a long forgotten short lived television series. Most of my favorite series did not last very long and shows being cancelled when they are so young does not always testify to their quality, nor does the longevity of the show. I have not seen this but from what I can tell it looks interesting enough to me, I think I will blind buy import this and support a company that may release one of my favorite forgotten classics in the future. I do not think The West Wing would be playing much into reasons for this release though, it is kind of old news now. If one were to release this because of that series one should have already done that by now.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

Since this is likely another one you won't be buying, what does it matter? Absent the ongoing opinion posts, thanks to Michael for the heads up on the release of this set.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I'm entitled to post my opinion on the show being discussed. I saw "Stockard Channing in Just Friends" when it first aired in 1979, and it was unfunny and unwatchable.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Yes and opinions are like mothers, everybody has one. Why you feel everyone needs to hear yours on every single show mentioned in this forum is beyond me. Especially when 99% of your posts tell us how you won't be buying the show. There's a lot of shows I don't buy, although not nearly as many as you, but I don't feel the need to add my two cents on all of them.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
That's a lie, because (1) the majority of shows on this forum I don't comment on either way and (2) you don't read the majority of my posts -- of which I have praised a number of shows, and (3) I've purchased over 30 TV series on DVD.

You're batting 1000 today, Mike!

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

However, there are a number of your posts where your personal opinion of a show is always included, relevant or not.

This thread was simply an alert that a fairly obscure and unexpected sitcom package was being released in Canada for those interested. If there was ever a place for you to withhold your opinions, this was it.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
There is nothing wrong with offering my opinions on this forum, regardless of what is relevant or not to you, Jeff. A forum is a place for discussion and this one is in regard to TV shows. In this particular case, I didn't go into specifics as to why I hated the Stockard Channing sitcom "Just Friends", and that's because after 26 years I can't even remember the reasons. Those other shows I remember quite well. But that's besides the point. I'll be damned if you, Michael, or anyone else tells me I can't publicly offer my opinions on a TV show.

You should both be ashamed of yourselves.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Really? Interesting if that is true that you would choose to spend your time at such a bad moment posting and commenting about a show you consider so horrid.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
If you don't like the show, then don't buy it. Maybe read another thread about a show you DO like?

It's that simple, isn't it?

Why all the BS?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I didn't expect any sympathy from you....so why do you even bother to respond? Anyway, the funeral is on Monday and my flight out there is Saturday, soI have a few days of extra time before I leave. Try to be nice while I'm gone. In other words, SHUT UP! Thank you. :)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Jeff#, look, first of all, we don't bereave you about your mother, oops, I mean, we don't beLIEVE you about your mother. Second, you are the most amazing thread-crapper there is. So congratulations. Ooops! I mean, our sympathies.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I see. You're one of those people who "win" an argument simply by leaving the room. The truth is, you bring people down. You almost always post in the negative, and in this thread, when you have a little resistance, you bring your dead mother into it. If she really did die, how the hell are we supposed to know? Simply by mentioning such a thing, you're throwing it into our faces. And then you have the nerve to tell other posters that they should be ashamed of themselves??? I don't get it. You're the one who should be ashamed.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
To get back on topic...I remember the shows from when I was just a child. I remember digging the theme song (both shows used the same theme), and I think I had a crush on the squeaky-voiced actress (Sydney Goldsmith?) who played Stockard's best friend in both of them.

I seem to recall Ron Silver stars in the second show--apparently this was before Heat Vision and Jack discovered he was evil. :D

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

I guess the lack of detailed series information in the television encyclopedias that he usually derives his "knowledge" from has limited his postings about these two series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks