1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America... - Due 3/6/07

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Mirza, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Well-Known Member

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced Borat: Cultural Learnings of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan for release on March 6th.

The year's most talked about (and most litigated against) comedy stars Sacha Baron Cohen as the titular Kazakhstani journalist who wreaks his brand of havoc on America. Wa-wa-wee-wa! The DVD arrives with an anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Bonus materials will include five extended/deleted scenes, a montage of never-before-seen deleted footage, publicity tour footage and trailers. Retail is $29.98.

2. captainjoe

captainjoe Well-Known Member

Glad it's being released without any cuts. Those whinners are responsible for their own stupidity.[​IMG]

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Well-Known Member

Only 5 deleted scenes?

There was talk that they were going to turn the deleted footage into another HBO series, they had so much.

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Well-Known Member

Hoping for a BD release as well. [​IMG]

5. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Well-Known Member

This is Fox. The odds of a 2 disc set down the road are so high, I probably won't even pick up this first edition.

6. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Its a conspiracy! [​IMG]

7. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Well-Known Member

I could barely understand SBC in the trailer for this, so I decided to skip the theatrical release and wait for the DVD so that I could use the subtitles to understand what he is saying. I'm hearing-impaired and it's hard enough understanding a normal accent sometimes, let alone a heavy Eastern European accent.

8. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Well-Known Member

easily the most offensive movie I have ever seen.

Yet in the context of the movie, it really worked well.

9. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

This question is for any Canadians who purchased the Future Shop exclusive version with the postcards included: How many postcards were in your copy? I only had one in mine and would like to know if there should be more included. Considering that the sticker on the case mentions 'Exclusive Borat Postcards' in plural, I'm thinking that there should be more than one in the case.

EDIT- Nevermind. I checked the website which mentions that there's supposed to be 3 postcards included. *sigh* Guess I'll have to go back and get them tomorrow.

10. Brent M

Brent M Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It doesn't get much more non-PC than this, but damn I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. Now I see why everyone said it was one of the funniest movies in recent years. A very big [​IMG] from me.

11. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Well-Known Member

Sam Favate
    The "propaganda" section in the bonus materials was very good, but I wished it had been longer. There was much more material from Washington DC that could have been included.

12. Darko

Darko Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree. Hell, even my wife laughed, and she doesn't usually go for movies of this nature.