1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blackberry Previews OS6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by mattCR, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    http://gizmodo.com/5525343/the-new-blackberry-os-60-video-and-details
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-6-sneak-peek-video-wes-2010

Big features:

For touch screen: Multitouch, zoom focus, Priorities and Exchange 2010 Full Support(!), Tabbed browser, "Feed" app to show Multi-integrated calendars (ie, Exchange+Facebook+Private).

I admit, I've always used a blackberry. Have no interest in switching at all. Primarily for the keyboard. But if some of the OS6 features go to others (like Tour) then I am absolutely onboard. The "Feed" to integrate and seperate calendars is about what I'm looking for. If it can do it with more then one BES, I'm there.

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    OS6??? I'm still waiting for OS5 for my Tour. OR did they finally release it already since last I checked a month or two ago?

_Man_

3. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Hmmm... OS5 (and its patches) apparently came out for the Tour w/in the past month or so, but sounds a bit too buggy to use yet since OS4.7 has been working fine for me other than the weak native web browser -- I'm currently using Bitstream's Bolt (v1.7) for the web (and occasional RSS feeds) instead.

Started downloading the most recent release of OS5, but I might not bother installing it...

_Man_

4. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    OS 5 has a few things I really like (I have the Bold9700) but I admit, the feed option and multiple calendar seperation/merge is a killer feature that makes OS6 really tempting. I have had no issues at all with OS5, it's been stable like a drum since release on mine ;)