Blackberry Previews OS6

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by mattCR, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    http://gizmodo.com/5525343/the-new-blackberry-os-60-video-and-details
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-6-sneak-peek-video-wes-2010

Big features:

For touch screen: Multitouch, zoom focus, Priorities and Exchange 2010 Full Support(!), Tabbed browser, "Feed" app to show Multi-integrated calendars (ie, Exchange+Facebook+Private).

I admit, I've always used a blackberry. Have no interest in switching at all. Primarily for the keyboard. But if some of the OS6 features go to others (like Tour) then I am absolutely onboard. The "Feed" to integrate and seperate calendars is about what I'm looking for. If it can do it with more then one BES, I'm there.

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    OS6??? I'm still waiting for OS5 for my Tour. OR did they finally release it already since last I checked a month or two ago?

_Man_

3. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Hmmm... OS5 (and its patches) apparently came out for the Tour w/in the past month or so, but sounds a bit too buggy to use yet since OS4.7 has been working fine for me other than the weak native web browser -- I'm currently using Bitstream's Bolt (v1.7) for the web (and occasional RSS feeds) instead.

Started downloading the most recent release of OS5, but I might not bother installing it...

_Man_

4. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    OS 5 has a few things I really like (I have the Bold9700) but I admit, the feed option and multiple calendar seperation/merge is a killer feature that makes OS6 really tempting. I have had no issues at all with OS5, it's been stable like a drum since release on mine ;)