Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
http://gizmodo.com/5525343/the-new-blackberry-os-60-video-and-details
http://crackberry.com/blackberry-6-sneak-peek-video-wes-2010

Big features:

For touch screen: Multitouch, zoom focus, Priorities and Exchange 2010 Full Support(!), Tabbed browser, "Feed" app to show Multi-integrated calendars (ie, Exchange+Facebook+Private).

I admit, I've always used a blackberry. Have no interest in switching at all. Primarily for the keyboard. But if some of the OS6 features go to others (like Tour) then I am absolutely onboard. The "Feed" to integrate and seperate calendars is about what I'm looking for. If it can do it with more then one BES, I'm there.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
OS6??? I'm still waiting for OS5 for my Tour. OR did they finally release it already since last I checked a month or two ago?

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... OS5 (and its patches) apparently came out for the Tour w/in the past month or so, but sounds a bit too buggy to use yet since OS4.7 has been working fine for me other than the weak native web browser -- I'm currently using Bitstream's Bolt (v1.7) for the web (and occasional RSS feeds) instead.

Started downloading the most recent release of OS5, but I might not bother installing it...

_Man_

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
OS 5 has a few things I really like (I have the Bold9700) but I admit, the feed option and multiple calendar seperation/merge is a killer feature that makes OS6 really tempting. I have had no issues at all with OS5, it's been stable like a drum since release on mine ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks