What's new

Biggest Loser - Season 7: Couples Discussion (merged) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

Bob_S.

Screenwriter

Yeah, Joelle was a waste of space. She didn't want to listen to anyone and just wanted to do things her way. She could of done that at home. I hope she gained some of her weight back.

By the way, I finally got to vote Ron off!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
My wife & I actually voted Mike off. At this point, we both want to see Tara win. And even though I think she has it won easily, of all the other 3 contestants, Mike has the best chance of beating her. So that's how we voted.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As far as Ron & Mike falling below the line with an audience vote...all I could think of was last season when Ed & Heba were in he same situation and Ed made his impassioned plea for his wife to be in the final three and the nation, apparently disgusted with their tactics during the show, voted Ed into the final three with 80% of the vote!

I'm pulling for Tara now. At the very beginning of the show I found her pretty obnoxious. But I guess that was just her competitive spirit rubbing me the wrong way.

It was startling to see how lost/scared all the contestants seemed to be during their time at home.

Again, I'd loved to see Mike's brother Max as a contestant on the next season. He really seems to have been impacted hugely in a very emotional way by his father & brother's transformations.

It was fun to see the different people lined-up on the marathon route to spur on the racers. Very encouraging! How nice that they all finished.

Wonder if Mike suffered a torn labrum or something similar? Again, it would be nice to know. You sure could understand his frustration of suffering that type of injury so late into the contest. You do start to wonder if their bodies aren't being pushed too far (and too quickly) past their limits for the sake of a TV show.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I thought of Ed & heba last night as well. I was one of those who, even though I didn't actually vote, was so turned off by Heba's appeal that I wanted her husband to be the other finalist. I think that is the big difference with Mike. He came off much better than Heba so there may not be a backlash against him.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes, he even said he'd like people to vote to keep him on, but if they want to vote for his Dad, that's OK too as he deserves it.

Thing is, barring some kind of way out, highly unlikely happening, again Jillian will have the winner, as Bob only has Ron and I don't see him winning the whole thing.

Oh, after last night I agree, they should have Max as a contestant on the next season. Maybe they could have all family members of prior contestants who really need to lose a lot of weight.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Ya know how they were teasing the scene where the EMT was asking for the ETA of the doctor during some of the commercial bumpers last night?

Well, my family & I naturally figured they were referring to Ron doing the marathon...but when we saw Bob working out Max we all started thinking, "Oh my God...Bob's going to kill Max!" :laugh:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Me too, when Max was having difficulty I thought he'd collapse, maybe not die, but definitely thought something was going to happen with him.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's all over. I was disappointed that Tara didn't pull it out, but you've gotta give credit to Helen. She did an amazing job. I think that's the highest percentage of weight lost that's been recorded on the show. Very well done.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The second Helen walked out on stage my husband and I knew just by looking at her that she had it in the bag. She actually looked a tad bit too skinny, but I am happy for her nonetheless.

I also wanted Tara to win, but you know what, she looks amazing and I hope can pick back up in her modeling career. She is probably my favorite contestant out of any season, because she had the biggest drive and the most heart. She seemed genuine.

Mike looked absolutely amazing as well and the first thing I told my husband when he walked out was that he is definitely going to have girls lined up around the block to date him. He seems like a really good kid and I think he is really going to help his brother do all the amazing things he did.

I am also happy for Jerry for winning the $100,000 prize. He looked incredible!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I was surprised that Helen outdid Tara & Mike, but 117lbs, wow, that's skinny.

I wanted Tara to win as well, and she came close.

I still hope they put Max on next season.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Yeah, I really couldn't see anyone beating Jerry. There was nothing left of him! It looked like he was all excess skin.

Helen looked almost anorexic, I think she needs to put on a few pounds. She looked really good during the last weigh-in. Good for her for winning, she definitely wanted it the most. I didn't really think she had a chance to win. I bet Mike and Tara were a little worried when they first saw her.

Mike looked great, too bad he got a little cocky at the end there. I would also like to see Max on next season's show.

Too bad Tara didn't win, she must have been really upset. I didn't see her give Helen a hug but then again out of a 3-hour show they devoted about 30 seconds to the winner.

David needs some help. It looks like he still struggles with his diet and I think he's going to regain all of that weight back. Daniel looked really good, I hope he keeps it up.

Allison looked good in that dress. You never would have known that she just had a baby 2 months earlier. I had a hard time focusing on her face, if you know what I mean.

I voted for Amanda for next season.

All in all, good season. I haven't watch this show the past several seasons but I think I'll tune in for the next one. I'm glad I recorded this season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Great season!

It'll be hard to top since they featured so many "extremes" in this one season (biggest, youngest, oldest, most sick). But I'm sure they'll find a way.

Allison absolutely looked great last night. I would guess hosting a LIVE three-hour network show on the subject of weight loss would provide motivation to get one's self in shape. She certainly did that. Amazing! Great dress, too.

Jillian also looked fabulous last night.

I, too, was pulling for Tara. But Helen owned it. I wouldn't be complaining whichever of the three finalists had won. Glad Ron wasn't in the final.

Jerry really stole the show. That is an unbelievable turnaround for him. It almost seems to have affected him mentally though! He sure was wound up! :laugh: It seemed like his wife was trying to calm him down at times.

I sometimes think they should cram all of what we saw last night into two hours (Let's lose, for example, the unsuccessful attempt to create fake drama by "voting-in" two very similar unknowns to be a contestant next season.) That way they could have a "Reunion"-type show (ala Survivor) in which the contestants answer questions about the experience. As long as we could get them away from the stock "We're winners anyway" answers, it could be very insightful. For example, Ron's godfather-type manipulations, eating habits, biggest struggles at home, Joell/Carla, Daniel/David, etc. It would take a strong host--but I actually thought Allison did a better-than-usual job trying to keep the trains running on time last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks