What's new

Beyond Good & Evil...Wow! (1 Viewer)

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I started this last night too. Not sure how far I've gotten into it so far. It's very nice, but I'm not sure if I'd call it the best game I've ever played, yet. So far I liked PoP better, but I'll wait to see how this game turns out.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking I might pick this up for the weekend. Too many games on the go, though. Started Prince of Persia, only played the first few missions of GTA3, still only a few missions into Crimson Skies. Too many games, too little time.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The XBOX and GC versions of this game have been put on backorder at EBgames, and at least one game store computer reports these versions of the game as "discontinued". Now this isn't the best game ever made, nor is it exceptionally long, but definitely it's worth checking out. (it is one of my favorites of the year).

I think it has been temporarily pulled only to be re-stocked (as happens with games occasionally - don't ya hate that?), but just in case I'm wrong, you GC and XBOX users might try picking this up if it sounds like your bag.

(this may be a false alert, but hey!)

~steve

TedT

Second Unit

I'm completely lost! Have I entered that zone that's all twilighty and such and such? I don't seen a Dean or David Martin on here. Nor do I see anyone getting harassed!

I may have to try out this game. Sounds good.

James T

Screenwriter
There's a Dean Martin here(been a member for awhile now). The posts were edited/deleted. Read a few posts back on this thread to figure out what happened as not all posts were edited.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I finally picked up this game last night. Mainly because of Morgan's post and a few others, whom I think have pretty good taste in games.
I'm not far enough along to give a true opinion but I will say the graphics are gorgeous.
Ubisoft is on a good roll right now, for me anyway, they have made some really good games so if I see their name on the box I feel positive about it.
This game is made by the same guy that made Rayman which was a fine platformer and another good reason to pick this one up. I can see that same creativity in BG&E. Also I got in used for $17.:D

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
A big thanx to all those involved in the high praise of this game. Picked it up Sunday, and I am loving it. I am only a little ways in, but wow, I can't beleive I missed this one. It is slick, stylish, and just overall fun to play.

The cool slo motion fighting at the begining was very cool. I know we have see this kind of thing in Enter the Matrix, and Max Paine, but the delivery was just awesome and unexpected, way better handled than the previous mentioned title.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
One thing that is surprising about this game is the scale. I feel like I was dropped into the middle of something. The levels and areas you can traverse are so huge and there's so much to do. You are in like a Rayman-esque sort of environment and not only do you have to occasionally fight a few creatures but take their pictures for money as well. Very interesting. The use of a sidekick to solve little puzzles is interesting too. This type of game really isn't my cup of tea but it is done so well that I must drink it. It's really like 3 or 4 games rolled into one. You're racing, you're fighting, you're upgrading parts, collecting items, etc.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The one thing I really liked about this game was how fully realized the world was. One little detail that stuck out was the drawings on the wall in the lighthouse from the kids.

Honestly, this would make a great CGI movie. They should just make an hour or so of in-game cinemas and it would look good enough.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Justin: If your computer can do the higher resolutions it'll look that much better. Controls are customizable but it took me a good half hour to get used to them. Can't say for GameCube.

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I just wanted to say that I rented this game this weekend based solely on the recommendation of this thread and I loved every minute of it.

Thanks for the suggestion, it was a great game.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Everyone who loves this game (which is everyone who has played it :) ), needs to spread the word to their friends about it. Ubisoft deserves the sales for such a great game.

-Dean-

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
I have been spreading the wrd quiet a bit. One friend has already picked it up based on my recomendation, and another will be buy it very soon.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this over a month ago and still haven't opened it. As a matter of fact, I have an unopened copy of Splinter Cell as well that I haven't gotten to....

What's wrong with me?

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Lack of time, probably. But that's ok. You have a fun little gem waiting for you. This game isn't really my cup of tea but it's done so well it's one of those must play games. People are saying that Prince of Persia is also an underrated game too but I think BG&E is a better game.
POP is like the same level over and over again.
Not to mention this is a Ubisoft game which they are just on a huge roll IMO.
There are so many games that are just utter crap for a lot more money. You can just tell right away that a lot went into BG&E.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I actually picked this one up just before Christmas on the strength of some of the reviews I saw and finally got to it last week (after going in to best buy of course for the price match). Excellent game so far that actually reminds me of starfox adventures a little more than Zelda (perhaps the vehicular sections and relative lack of side quests). Still, an interesting story and original execution make it worth a pickup (and definitely more recognition).

What is it with Ubisoft lately? I remember them as being a quirky little developer in Montreal who made Rayman, and now they're putting out one great game after another! Whatever they're doing, here's hoping that they keep doing it.

ashley c

Stunt Coordinator
IMO Ubisoft is prob one of the best game devlopers. Both Beyond G&E and Prince of Persia were my fav. games of the year, behind socom 2.

Its too bad they're not selling very good, I guess if theres no blood and guts, then sales suffer.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Mature games did go down in sales because there's more good Teen games nowadays.

BTW, they're making another Prince of Persia game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks