Great Games for Cheap

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Alanna, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Alanna

Alanna Second Unit

I recently was browsing around my local EBGames and Gamestop stores and was astounded by some of the gaming "deals" currently hot and going.

Everyone probably knows about Beyond Good and Evil by now. Its a superb game, available for all consoles for just $20. Wow. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter I spotted and bought for $15 new at EB. Awesome deal on this one. On the used front, Soul Caliber 2, Xbox for $17.99 and Mark of Kri on PS2 $12.99. I almost bought Kri but I've racked up about fifteen games in the past month or so and its getting a little ridiculous. Just thought I'd pass on the prices for those interested in some gaming goodness.

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

There is also a promotion running right now where you get Splinter Cell for free if you buy Prince of Persia.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take advantage of that offer,or wait for PoP to be a greatest hits/platinum/players choice title. I don't care -that- much for Splinter Cell, and I've got a stack of games that I want to finish before starting another.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Circuit City has the PS2 GH title "Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies" for $9.99 this week. I noticed that my local EB Games was having a buy two, get one free used game promotion, too. I used this to pick up Jak & Daxter 1, Ratchet & Clank 1, and LotR: The Two Towers for a total of $36 plus tax. [​IMG]

Of course, it helps that I just got my PS2 for Christmas and the older games are mostly new to me. [​IMG]

Regards,

4. Alanna

Alanna Second Unit

I did the Prince of Persia/Splinter Cell deal just yesterday. [​IMG] I already have SC but am going to use it trading towards a copy of Sonic Heroes at EB along with three other cruddy games I have (I think Fur Fighters will definitely be going - what a pile of poo).

I've seen Skygunner for $12.99 too used... should have picked it up but then again I've ALSO seen it for $14.99 new.

5. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Circuit City has a lot of great deals going on right now. Most of it is just until they run out of the games though. I just recently got Shinobi for $5, Clock Tower 3 for $10, and Ico for $15 on the Playstation 2. For the Gamecube I bought F-Zero for $24.99! They have other good deals too, like Contra: Shattered Solider for $5 as well, but my CC was sold out at the time.

6. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

BOF V is also $5 at CC. CC is starting to actually go back in and raise the prices on their clearance deals though.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I went to a few CCs around here last week, but didn't see anything at all worth picking up in the cheapie bin. [​IMG]

8. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I've said it before and I'll say it again: too many games, too little time. [​IMG]

9. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I got wipeout fusion, Giants: citizen kabuto, and Skygunner for around $21 shipped from EB after coupons. I think Giants won a lot of awards on the PC, so I thought it might be worth checking out.

Got Stretch Panic for $5.00 at hastings......only game in the world that lets you pinch giant boobies with an elastic scarf.