What's new

Bewitched Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
Here's the info I have received on this release:

Two sets: "Bewitched (Black & White) - The Complete Second Season" and "Bewitched (Color) - The Complete Second Season" will be released on 10/25/2005. Each set contains 5 discs, with a suggested price of $49.95. These titles should be announced by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on 8/15/2005, with a release date of 10/25/2005.

(Until this title is announced by the studio, the date still could change.)

I hope someone finds this information useful. I don't have any cover art yet, but I will post some if I manage to get it before anyone else.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Adam, thank you for that info! I had heard from other places they weren't going to do the b&w version because s.1 b&w didn't sell well, and that just didn't make sense to me as the b&w had limited availability.

As for how many episodes will be included, I'm thinking because s.2 has two more episodes than s.1 five discs would seem to suggest that ALL 38 episodes (including those two RARE episode remakes)...with room for some great extras? Hopefully, fingers crossed, God-willing, what I mentioned above will be included...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO hoping they use a picture of Samantha from the second season on the cover, rather than just throwing something on there like they did last time.

BTW, James, I love the movie too...with the exception of *hack* *cough* shirley *cough*...I can't even say her whole name w/o choking...my friends and I refer to her as Jack did towards the end of the movie - Rancid Fruitbag - she seriously sucked!

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you sooo much Adam*M! I love the fact that you got info on the disc number and the release date, let alone when it will be announced! Thank you! I will be eternally grateful!
And David, I thought that Shirley wasn't that good either, but I still loved the little romance going on between her and Michael Caine, and I loved the whole picture thoroughly! Will it be released the same day as Bewitched Season 2? Anybody know?
-James

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm very happy about this! Just in time for Halloween,too!

The Halloween episode from Season 2 is one of my favorite eps!

I agree about the artwork.Looking at the Season 1 release,I can't figure out why they didn't use season 1 photos on the outside of the case like they used on the individual dvd cases.

I also hope we get the "extras" mentioned in the above posts.There are obviously surviving commercials and clips somewhere that they could use on the season 2 release.

In all honesty though,I would just be happy with the entire season of UNCUT episodes with original openings,the "be back in a moment" spot and the original Screen Gems logo.:)

Jason-A

Auditioning
I can't wait for the second season, i hope sony will include the bewitched spin-off cartoon episode. Since there was only one.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
While I'm excited over this and the fact that there is a strong indication that there will be one set on Black and White and one set on Color, I'm furious over Sony Pictures attitude against the consumers regarding this particular series.

Why?

When Season 1 came out, I was anticipating on paying for a Black and White version of this season. After calling Best Buy, Circuit City, Borders Books and Music and Target, nobody received the Black and White version. I had to actually order a copy online from Overstock in order to receive a copy of this limited edition.

These stores were shipped only the Color version of this DVD set and I was upset that Sony tried to force feed this immature colorized version down the throats of every consumer and not giving fans of this show the right to buy either version.

Hopefully, Sony will send both sets to all stores giving us that choice.

Too bad that Sony doesn't allow disgrunted consumers to email their customer support over issues like this ... could it be that they don't care about their customers ... ?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I'd love those, but other than UNCUT (knock wood), I doubt it. The color episodes on TV Land have the Screen Gems logos, though.

Jarrod Hines

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, Mark--could it be that B&Ms simply failed to order the Black and White sets? I don't see how you can really be pissed at Sony for that. Stores might have thought that they'd sell more colorized versions, so that's what were ordered. Why would Sony even bother with the Black and White sets if they were purposefully going to withhold them from the masses? For this release, I'd just stick with ordering the B&W online (as many of us did) to save yourself the hassle of searching for it locally.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Forgot to order? Then how would you explain every store I checked at saying that they never got the version. Best Buy told me they had never received the Black and White version. AND, it's not possible that they never were shipped the version because their websites offer both versions and Borders can have the item shipped to a local store.

It's a Sony thing and while Borders is the only store I listed that allow pickup at a local store the other stores were never offered both versions.

As I said, and some of the others as well, that this is a Sony problem trying to force feed the colorized version down everyone's throat.

With this being one of the longest broadcasted tv shows in history, you would think that Sony would honor the fans of this show who would have enjoyed being given the chance to choose between the two sets.

Too bad SOny has such a low opinion of the fans of this show to send only the colorized version of the set in order to sell these versions.

I think Sony knew that fans wouldn't have bought the colorized versions so they only sent the color version to stores.

I'm curious how many of you have run into this problem where the black and white version wasn't available and do they plan to ship both versions to stores.

DanMel

Second Unit
I liked the color version of Bewitched better but am not sure why all the arguing is still going on over black and white and color when season 2 will be released with two different sets as was the first. After season 2, it is all color. I bought the first season color on line but could have just as easily bought the black and white version from Amazon or dvdplanet.

I think the problem that everyone is ignoring including TVshowsondvd is the fact that Sony crams way to many episodes on each dvd regardless if they are in color or black and white. This is very noticeable on a large projection theater when judged by the Black and white TV show to judge all tv shows. Of course I am referring to the definitive Twilight zone which looks better on a home treater than most modern shows. Andy Griffith looks quite nice as well. Sony on the other hand releases shows that always suffer from compression artifacts. In the recent TVshowsondvd news article, the writer seems baffled at first as to why 5 DVD's would be released for Season 2 when the first season was released on only 4 dvds. The first season should not have been released on 4 dvds. There should NEVER be more than 8 half hour shows on a single DVD under any circumstance. Paramount and Image follow this rule quite nicely and often only include 6 shows. Sony's single biggest downside in my view is their constant release of 10 shows per dvd such was the case with News Radio, which also has horrid picture quality.

Regardless of if a show is released in Black and White, color or both, my only gripe with Sony is the number of episodes they cram on each DVD to try and save a buck or two.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I couldn't agree more. As much as hate flipper discs, I actually would have preferred if the four discs had been flippers with half the number of eps on each side.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I don't like those flipped disks either for the simple fact that they are more prone to getrting scratched more often then single sided disks.

This is the reason why I hate the way the Gilligan's island sets were produced with episodes on both sides of the disks.

I would gladly pay the extra money for the single disks then spend the money on double sided disks. I'm more prone, these days, to pass on such titles that included double sided disk simply because of this problem.

As for the Bewitched DVD thing, the problem lies between Sony and the stores who do the ordering. Sony is losing money in the long run from potential fans of this show simply because most fans are liked myself, very leery of buying anything online, especially when they are forced by brick and mortar retailers to order the sets online.

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand why people are afraid to order things online. I have sold about a million dollars' worth of DVDs through my website links to Amazon, and nobody has ever made a complaint to me. In fact, you are safer typing your credit card into a secure web page than you are handing it to some kid at a store. And when I pre-order from Amazon, the title is waiting for me at my front door. Why should I waste time driving all over town?

That said, I prefer single-sided discs as well. My 400 disc changers won't flip discs like my old 300-disc one did, so those double-sided discs become a problem.

DanMel

Second Unit
I greatly dislike double sided disks. I really do not see how it would cost Sony all that much more money to include an extra disk. Paramount released 5 for Hogan's Heroes and the picture quality really was nice on that first season of HH. 3 disks are enough for the newer shows that only have 24 half hour episodes as 8 shows can be placed on each DVD. However, older shows need more DVD's because they typically run between 31 to 36 shows a season. If a show has more than 32 shows, it needs 5 DVD's. Hogan's Heroes used 5 DVD's for only 32 shows. Technically they could have got away with using only 4 DVD's. Sony used 4 DVD's for 36 shows of Bewitched. It is just way to much and the picture quality for Bewitched could have been as good as Andy Griffith, Gilligan's Island and Hogan's Heroes if they wouldn't have crammed.

They better release 5 DVD's for season 2 of Bewitched especially if it includes 38 shows. This would let them have 4 dvd's with 8 shows and 1 dvd with 6 shows and the extras. If they go this rout, the picture quality should greatly improve for season 2!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The official announcement of season 2 has been posted at TVShowsonDVD. It confirms the October 25th release date, the five discs and the availability of both the original b&w and colorized editions. It also gives a total running time of 967 minutes which would mean that all 38 episodes will be there!! The SRP is $39.95

Hopefully Sony will release the extras specs and the cover art soon.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
That's really surprising about the additional two episodes, considering they've never really been considered true episodes by either Columbia or ABC, even at the time (ABC never ran them in their daytime repeats before the show was sold into syndication). And Paramount certainly never counted the recut episodes among I Love Lucy's complete seasons, although they did put the new scenes on the dvds as extras, which was more than I expected on the Bewitched sets.

That is really good news! Way to go Sony!

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Bewitched S2 COLOR has this listed:

- Fullscreen Presentation
- Languages: English (Mono), Spanish and Portuguese
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese and Thai
- Bewitched Trivia Game
- Blooper Reel (Magic and Mishaps)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks