What's new

Best TV Show Of All Time (2 Viewers)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Second:
Mission: Impossible—this was the first TV drama where I was conscious that you really had to watch (rather than listen) in order to understand what was going on.
Third:
Colombo

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Oh, the way Glenn Miller played;
Songs that made the Hit Parade;
Guys like us, we had it made;
Those were the days.

(bridge)
And you knew who you were then;
Girls were girls and men were men—
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
Didn’t need no welfare state;
Everybody pulled his weight;
Gee our old LaSalle ran great;
Those were the days!

Third:
All In the Family

JenB

Screenwriter
Hey all,
There must be some more people out there who love great, classic science fiction shows on television. Can't we get some more support going for Farscape, Babylon 5, and Doctor Who?
Thank you for the support on Buffy, Diane and Kristian. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, thanks for the list of shows in the tourney. Would you expand that to include the ones which are in need of seconds and thirds (or a list of those nominated and another of those seconded)? I think that some of the noms are getting lost.

On the other hand, maybe its just me.

JenB

Screenwriter
Nominate:
Remington Steele - The wonderful, always enjoyable 80's detective show that made it obvious to many that Pierce Brosnan was born to play James Bond.
Stargate SG-1 - Well done, intelligent adaptation that is at least as great as the film (currently on Showtime, Sci Fi Channel, and in syndication). Not only does the show have hottie Richard Dean Anderson but also Michael Shanks as well who is such a better acting and better looking Daniel Jackson then James Spader could ever hope to be. Plus, it has many very good characters who were not in the movie such as the brilliant and beautiful scientist Samantha Carter. If you have not yet caught this show, be sure to check it out soon. :)

JenB

Screenwriter
Third:
Batman (60s)
Good suggestion on the nominations list, Lew. I agree that some of the nominations might be geting lost.
Great job getting The Prisoner in-Another true classic-It was near the top of my long list of possible thirds too. :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Yes it is. Retails for ~$150. But I think that it can be found for around $125 or so. 10 disks with some extras. I’ve not seen the set, so I can’t comment on the quality of the transfer.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Alright...Lew and Jen, you got your wish. :)
Please PM me if you spot any errors. Please note that some shows, like Columbo, were seconded without being nominated first (and it had been thirded as well), so I put it in the seconded category.
I'm tempted to stop the nomination process right now since we're at 32 and the nominations have slowed down...please give me your input. It seems like it'll take too long to get to 64 thirds, so if you guys want the nomination process to continue and we end up short of 64, I'll do a wild card thing for the shows that were thirded later on.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I will 3rd:
Andy Griffith Show
Leave It To Beaver
NewsRadio
The Bob Newhart Show
Your Show of Shows

I will 2nd:
Gilligan's Island
Green Acres
I Love Lucy
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Outer Limits (original series)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, thanks—this is much easier to follow.

I’m of two minds on the number in the tourney: its probably enough, and I’d like to get more of my noms in.

Your call, Mate.

Pascal D

Stunt Coordinator
nominate : 24
Angel
Alias
Survivor
Six Feet Under

2nd : Millennium

3rd : Friends
The X-Files
Kolchak: The Night Stalker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks