What's new

Best TV Show Of All Time (1 Viewer)

JenB

Screenwriter
I just noticed that it looks like two people early in the nominations seconded the original Star Trek and a fourth person thirded it, so does that mean that one of them gets another second or third? And, if so, which one?
Coming soon-My final nomination into this contest and it might just consist of exactly one letter. ;)

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Pretty much all of my favorite tv shows have already been nominated so I'll forgoe that part for now as I can't think of any. :)
I'll second:
Red Dwarf
South Park
Sports Night
I'll third:
Cowboy Bebop
10, 2, 4.

JenB

Screenwriter
Nominate:
V - This 80s classic told the story of a band of rebels fighting the invasion of Earth by alien lizards. Starring the original Beastmaster himself, Marc Singer as the rebels' leader, the cast also featured many standout performances such as Michael Ironside (Starship Troopers) and Robert England (the actor who plays Freddy Krueger showed his impressive versatility by playing a sweet natured alien in love with a human).
The original mini-series' popularity spawned a second mini-series as well as a regular television series and several books. (As far as I know, only the 2 mini-series are available on DVD at this time.)
For me, it was difficult to only pick 10 shows since I have had so many favorites over the years. Some of the many shows that I considered worthy of nomination included: Moonlighting, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Smallville, Enterprise, Star Trek: Voyager, Charmed, Andromeda, Earth: Final Conflict, The 10th Kingdom, BBC America's Changing Rooms or Ground Force, Dark Angel, Hogan's Heroes, PBS' Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett, Forever Knight, Highlander, and Beauty and the Beast.

JenB

Screenwriter
Third:
Angel - This spinoff from Buffy the Vampire Slayer gets my next boost into the tournament. Handsome Angel is the vampire with a soul and a champion who fights evil alongside friends like Cordelia and Lorne, a friendly green demon lounge singer. (Although I still miss Doyle, the friendly demon sidekick from the first season too.)

JenB

Screenwriter
Second:
Magnum P.I. -The fun 80s Hawai based detective show starred the hunky Tom Selleck.
Another classic 80s detective show, Remington Steele starring the suave Pierce Brosnan still needs a Second also. I can't wait to see the new Bond film. Will James Bond fans support the tv show that brought Brosnan to fame?

JenB

Screenwriter
"Danger Will Robinson"
My final Second:
Lost in Space
Tough Choice-Some shows among the many others that I considered giving seconds to included: Northern Exposure, The Avengers, Black Adder, The A-Team, Joe Bob's Drive-In Theatre(TMC) , Survivor, Who's the Boss?, Powerpuff Girls, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., and 24.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I just noticed that it looks like two people early in the nominations seconded the original Star Trek and a fourth person thirded it, so does that mean that one of them gets another second or third? And, if so, which one?
ErikG gets another second.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'll second:

King of the Hill
Whose Line Is It Anyway?

I'll third:

Frasier
Magnum, P.I.
Sports Night

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
ChuckDeLa, South Park has already been seconded and thirded, so you get another second.

There are only two more shows that can make it into the tournament! If you've been putting off seconding or thirding your favorite show, now is the time to do it! Good luck!

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Here I go, using up the rest of my noms and most of my thirds.
Nominate:
Jesus of Nazareth
The Phil Silvers Show
The Abbott and Costello Show
Third:
Happy Days although it pains me to vote for it based upon the show went to crap after Ron Howard left.
Green Acres

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
***THE NOMINATION PERIOD HAS PASSED!!! THE TOURNAMENT WILL START SOON, STAY TUNED!!!***

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
With only two slots still open, it's probably too late for this, but I'd like to nominate a true classic:

Night Flight (USA Network, mid-80's late night show featuring music videos and short films)

EDIT: d'oh! too late, indeed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks