What's new

Best inwall speaker sounds/deals? (1 Viewer)

PaulDW

Auditioning
Another newbie here.

Looking for a complete unit for my new place I'm moving into.

2 in wall speakers that will go on the wall where the TV will be and 2 speakers in the ceiling that will go right above the couch. This is way the room was prewired and I like the idea of a clean look. Room is 20 foot long by about 17 foot wide.

My budget for speakers , subwoofer and receiver is from $1500 - $2000.

Trying to research as much as possible, went to the Bose store and was blown away with the sound but apparently they are overpriced etc etc.

Polk, Klipsch, Infinity seem to come up alot as good speakers from my reading on here.

Looking for a nice full sound for movies, TV/sports and music.

Outpost seems to carry the inwall Polks at good prices. Any other good sites like that out there?

How would a set up of the Polk PSw303 as the subwoofer, 2 Polk RC65i's in walls and 2 RC80i's for the ceiling sound?

Theres so much reading out there my head is spinning but I'm trying my best to put a decent system together.

I'm in Jacksonville Fl, not excatly NY or LA so I'm limited to the likes of Best Buy and Sound Advice as my store options and listening.

If I put in 2 ceiling and 2 wall speakers do I still need the centre speaker too for the full surround sound effect?

As far as receivers go, Onkyo and Denon seem to have good reviews. What model should I go with to go with the speakers I'm looking at. I assume it has to be the right power and not underpowered etc.

I apologize in advance if these are old boring questions, I have used the search function alot. I've sunk my teeth into threads and then noticed some are 2 plus years old at the end so probably out of date as far as technology goes. Feel free to email or IM me as I'd appreciate all the feedback/info I can get.

TIA

Blaine_M

Second Unit
Other reasonable brands to check out that seem to have good products at good prices would be Paradigm and NHT. Paradigm makes a stereo single speaker that has two tweeters that can be wired in mono, the two tweeters fire to the left and right, they work great for surround, I have one for my rear center. NHT in wall speakers can be found on the net and have very good prices and seem to produce a decent sound as long as you install them correctly.

PaulDW

Auditioning
Thanks, NHT and Paradigm get great write ups from reviews I've just been reading, I'd narrowed my choice down to those 2................then I started reading about the BIC Acoustechs. A web site I emailed that sells all 3 said the BIC Acoustechs are the best he sells.......in his opinion.

Aggghhhhhh decisions decisions.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
I don't think Paradigm sells online, if they are selling online it is probably not an authorized dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks