What's new

Best Buy Renews My Reward Zone Membership for Free! (1 Viewer)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I wasn't aware that there was a 2-year renewal offer for $15 (or did you use one of your $5 RZ certificates?) :confused:

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't aware of the two year renewal either. At checkout, when I said I neeed to renew it, I was asked whether I wanted one year for $9.99 or two years for $15. I took the two year option, but what I really wanted was one year for free.:frowning:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
At checkout yesterday when I was getting LOST, the cashier casually asked if I wanted to renew and would give me 30,000 points if I did so. I completely blanked on how much that was worth and so passed. A few minutes later I realized that this would be the equivalent of renewing for free. Ooops.

I still have a month and a half in our membership, so I hope they offer it again.

Neil

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Has anyone else received the update notice for the RZ program? Membership is now free, and you now get 1 point per dollar spent. However, you need 250 points to earn a certificate. So they've dropped from an initial 5% savings, to a new, improved system with a whopping 1.87% savings after taxes. What a deal!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I got a free renewal letter as well, which included a double point coupon to use in the store. I didn't notice any statement of the point structure changing though.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I got the same notice earlier this week. Seeing as the revised program does not come into effect until November 1, what do I do in the meantime? My RZ card expired last month and I've made a few purchases since then (not enough to earn a $5 certificate though). I hate the idea of shelling out $10 for a renewal, seeing as the terms will change in a couple of months.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Yep. I got a chuckle out of the notice, but considering how little I actually shop at Best Buy now (3 DVD's from them in the last 4 months), it's really little or no impact to me.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Mine seems to have been renewed automatically as well, although I don't recall receiving a letter.

My expiration date was 8/31/05 so it just happened.

I remember sometime back in May, a cashier asked me if I wanted to renew because they were prompted to ask by the register. I thought that was way too early to be asking, so I said no. I noticed the screen said something like "customer declined renewal" and I never heard about it after that.

Seeing as I've had about a little over 2 million points accrued there since August 2003, maybe they decided I was worth the $10. :)

Either way, my account now says renewal date is 8/31/06, and I didn't pay anything. I will likely apply this strategy next year as well.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I tried to use my phone number since my card was renewed over a year after it expired. It didn't work, so i guess i didn't need it that bad after all. They tried to get me to buy a new one, no thanks.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
When I got Desperate Housewives yesterday, the offer to renew and get 30K points at the same time came up again. So, this time I took it. This is almost renewing for "free" since that should give me $10 worth of coupons. I just hope nothing is going to go wrong with crediting my account. Since I knew I had at least $10 more in coupons owed to me, I really didn't want to wait any longer as my "membership" was due to expire at the end of next month.

Neil

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I just checked my Reward Zone points (I had some pending transactions) and noticed that my membership now expires on 12/31/06! I was not even CLOSE to expiring and they automatically extended it. I got the offer last year at the last minute for a free renewal, but this is great! What a deal for the original $10 bucks I spent...in Dec. of '03!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I just now wrote back explaining that there wasn't anything to scan - the offer was on the cashier's screen.

I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

Neil

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Just checked & mine is still set to expire on 10/31/05. With my bb.com purchase this week of Cinderella, Nemesis & The Fog I'll get enough points to get a $5 coupon & if they don't give me a freebie I'll just let it expire. I don't do enough business with them to make it worth the $10 + I live 35 miles north & south of the nearest B&M store. For 7 months after Hurricane Charley I lived a lot closer to them which is when I got my RZ in the first place.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I got a letter today explaining that "as a valued customer" I am getting this renewal for free ("a $9.99 value!!!"). IN ADDITION (this is the best part!) I got a coupon good the month of October for Double Points on any single item! With the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection out tomorrow I will be all over that!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They sent me the the double-points coupon for September but I didn't get to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks