What's new

Best Buy Renews My Reward Zone Membership for Free! (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i got this too.
now, the free double bonus points.
it says on any one item so i gues you cant use it for one group
of items on the same receipt.

Jarvis_R

Agent
I just looked online and saw I was automaticcaly renewed. I've received nearly $200 in coupons, so it may have been worth it to renew. But I'm glad I didn't have too. That makes three straight years without paying.

I lost my card (which they won't replace) but I did get the new best buy replacement credit card with the reward zone logo in the mail. Too bad I never use that card anymore.

Now if I could only get my hands on some of those coupons...

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
When were you guys set to expire? I haven't received any renewal letter or coupon, but I think it just might be too early for me.

--Mark--

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Today i got a renewal form in the mail. Funny thing is i tossed my card well over a year ago because i wasn't going to pay for the thing. So, i go over a year without the Reward Zone and then they renew it. Rereading the thread again i see they can use my phone number. But i have moved so i wonder what number they will want, my old one or my new one?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Sometimes they get so spotty asking for your phone number. Used to be they asked all the time even if you pay cash. Now not so much. Also some times id give them my cell number or my home. When i moved i didnt tell them and went a few months before buying new checks to use the old ones up. Big Brother, i mean Best Buy seemed to know my new address before i had changed it on the checks. No bother i guess i can throw numbers to them until one of them works. Funny they would renew it over a year later, must not be many people who will spend 10 bucks to save 10 bucks.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I just got the free renewal letter last week so my membership is good through Halloween 2006. Last year they gave me a free renewal after I didn't renew and I threw my membership card away. I requested a new card but they wouldn't give me one. The membership should be free anyway and they should send you a new card every year but it doesn't work that way.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
To entice you to spend more $$$ at their stores.

I don't have to pay an annual fee for the savings card at the grocery store.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Travis, why should the membership cost $10 bucks? Most people don't spend the kind of money we do to make that 10 back anyway. You gotta spend ALOT of money to break even. It should be free because they make it free when you don't pony up the money. I do a good 75% of my shopping from Amazon now anyway. I save more than i get back from Reward Zone, and i don't have to hassel with Best Buys customer service.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
With the latest Bets Buy coupon that I got in the mail, they reminded that time to renew is coming up soon. There was no offer to renew my membership for free. Last year I did not renew it, but after a couple of months lapse they did renew it for free.

Neil

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Neil,

I would just wait and let them renew it for free. I have only had to pay once. The last two times they renewed for free, but of course the first time I let the membership lapse and they didn't renew until after it expired and so I lost the points that I had.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
My last coupon in the mail had a reminder to renew. After reading this thread, I did NOT want to pay to renew!

The next day I got an email offering 30,000 points (2 $5 coupons worth) when I renewed for $9.99. This is what I did, as its the equivalent of free membership. Is this what you folks mean by free renewal? Or is that another type of offer?

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Last year I paid to renew because I didn't get any of the free renewal offers. Then I complained about the unfairness of some getting free renewals while others had to pay and they gave me bonus points equal to a free renewal.

No offers again this year. I went ahead and renewed for two years at $15. Waited as long as I could for a "free" offer, but I went ahead because I didn't want to lose the points in my account. I guess I should complain again this year and see if it does any good.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Got my free renewal letter, which will begin my third year as a RZ member. My old membership doesn't expire for a couple months, but they renewed me ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks