1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty and the Beast, no shrink wrap for the cardboard cover box!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bolivar G, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Bolivar G

Bolivar G Well-Known Member

I went to every local store and all of them had placed there store price sticker directly on the cardboard!! Uggh, its such a beautiful cardbox box cover also.
    I ended up buying it at Kmart because it was the cheapest of them all at 15.99. But now there is a big ugly Kmart sticker on the box I cant get rid of!! [​IMG]
    Anyways just my mini rant of the packaging of this great DVD.

2. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Well-Known Member

well, the K-mart price tag comes right off.

3. JJR512

JJR512 Well-Known Member

The Best Buy price tag was also fairly easy for me to remove.

Now, however, I must ask for your opinions: Also stuck onto the box front are two additional stickers: A gold oval saying, "New! 2-Disc Set/Available for a limited time only!", and a red/orange rectangle saying, "Buy any 3 Disney DVDs or videos and get 1 free! Plus S&H, details inside, blah blah blah." Should I leave both of those on or remove them?

4. Terrell

Terrell Well-Known Member

If you're very careful, you can remove the sticker on the box. Mainly because the sticker is not using a really good adhesive, and the box has a glossy finish less prone to that kind of thing. So easily lift up one edge and slowly peel it back. It will come off.

5. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Well-Known Member

The "New 2-Disc Set Avialable for a Limited Time" (or whatever it says exactly) is on the one I bought from Target too so it must be a Disney applied one. I'm debating whether to remove it or consider it part of the packaging and leave it.

6. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Well-Known Member

Got mine from Kmart, and I removed 3 full stickers with no problems plus I removed the dreaded security tag which does have a strong adhesive. No damage done to the box at all.

7. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Well-Known Member

I brought mine from during my lunch run. Perfect condition, no scratches, no dents, you know, that stuff only obsessive DVD collectors do when they look for a great box. [​IMG]
    I went to the register thinking, "Yes, I got a great condition box!!!"
    LO AND F**CKING BEHOLD THE CASHIER SCRAPES THE BOX AGAINST THE DE-SECURITY THING AND GETS SOME BLUISH GOO ALL OVER IT!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Bolivar G

I managed to Remove the Kmart price tag sticker carefully.
    As for the 2 other stickers , think im going to leave them on, looks like they were put there by disney.

9. Paul-Gunther

Paul-Gunther Well-Known Member

I removed all three stickers (the two from Disney and the one from Best Buy) with no problems whatsoever.

10. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Well-Known Member

Left the gold "Limited Edition" sticker, ditched the other two plus the two circles holding the keepcase in the box with no problems.

11. Des Easthom

Des Easthom Member

Took all the stickers and security tag off the cover sleeve box. Looks great! Just take your time.

12. Jorge Montes

Jorge Montes Well-Known Member

Took them all off easily. The security stickers rolled off on my fingers AT the store as I picked it up. No prob at all. Give it a go. The gloss of the box helps.

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, if you got it from K-Mart, I hope you got the one that included the exclusive CD that only K-Mart copies had. You have to read the sticker on the front cover to find the ones with the CD included.

There are non-CD copies of the DVD at K-Mart as well, so you need to pay attention when you buy it from K-Mart and want the CD.

14. rutger_s

rutger_s Well-Known Member

I also removed two of the stickers: price tag and red sticker. I liked the placement of the gold "Limited Edition" sticker so I left it alone.

Oddly, since I got mine at K-Mart, I have to slip the DVD set AND CD single into the slipcover in order to keep the stuff from sliding out.

15. Bolivar G

I didnt even know there was some special CD copy for Kmart.
    I just bought it there cuss it had the cheapest. Just got the reguler version then.

16. ChadM

ChadM Well-Known Member

Am I the only one throwing the box away?

17. David Singleton

David Singleton Well-Known Member

Bought mine from Circuit City. I had them remove their security sticker (very strong adhesive) before I bought it.

David

18. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Well-Known Member

I got it at Kmart but received no CD. Oh well.

Am I the only one annoyed at Disney for not making it an identical case to Snow White? I was hoping for a double case so all the Platinum titles would match.

19. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Well-Known Member

I got mine from the Disney Store website, and was able to remove all of the stickers without any problem. Was a bit annoyed though. Oh well.

20. John Berggren

John Berggren Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they made the outer box as they did. If they can't describe the features enough on the back to encourage people to buy BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, than nothing else is going to score the sale.