1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bag of Bones (Mini-series)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by WaveCrest, Dec 5, 2011.

1. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Have done a HTF search in the TV Programming folder, and couldn't find an existing thread for the TV mini-series Bag of Bones.

Is this still starting this month on A&E? It's IMDb release dates page says 11th December, 2011. A Digital Spy news article from October said filming was still in production, and was expected to begin airing on A&E "later this year".

2. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Next Sunday and Monday. I liked the book and look forward to watching it "live".

3. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Watching it "live"?

Anyway, what did people here think of Bag of Bones?

4. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    He means non-DVR... I have it on the DVR, will probably watch this weekend or over the Christmas break. Been a very busy time viewing this last week; so I haven't had a chance to slip it in. But my wife says it was surprisingly good

5. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Thanks for clearing that up. Don't watch many programmes "live". Thankfully, now that some of the US shows have taken a break or have finished/are finishing, there won't be much to catch up on between now and Christmas.

6. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Believe me, the "live" experience was painful in the extreme: 25 minutes of movie, then another hour and a half of five minutes on, five minutes LOUD COMMERCIALS -- and many of the same ones over and over. How can people stand "watching TV" any more? Holy mother of god.

But I digress. As with other King adaptations, I thought the casting and the telling of the first half were great. The second half laid it to waste with much short-cutting and alteration of the novel which I remember very much enjoying. Stephen-King-TV-Movie-Syndrome strikes again Maybe this one needed more time allotted to it.