What's new

Back to School/ Easy Money 2-DVD Double Feature (1 Viewer)

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Everywhere I have looked the release date for this is 5/8/2007.
I bought it today at Sam's Club.
I saw it early last week also.
I wonder what the real release date is.

I checked

Amazon
Best Buy
Circuit City
DVD Planet
DDD
DVD Empire

and they all say 5/8/2007

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
Each disc is double sided.
One side Full Screen & One side is Widescreen(1.85)
Easy Money is mono
Back to school is DD 5.1 surrond

Sean Richardson

Stunt Coordinator
Is it the corrected transfer for 'Back to School'? The cynic in me suspects that they're using this re-packaging to dump all the old versions somehow. But they'd never do that...

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Amazon also has a 2 disc set with a 5-22 release date for Kelly's Heroes/The Great Escape. I've been hoping to get an SE release for KH but I've already got the 2 disc Great Escape & it sounds like the same deal as with Back To School/Easy Money.

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Not to be a pest, but I still have not seen this question answered. Are the widescreen versions of Back to School and Easy Money anamorphically enhanced for widescreen TVs? Has anyone checked yet?

Thanks for the info.

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
i haven't had time to watch it yet.

On the Kelly's Heroes/Great Escape set, Sam's has that already also.
I already have the 2 disc Great escape(One of the best bonus disc's ever)
and I also have Kelly's Heroes

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Has anyone who found this 2-fer had a chance to watch it yet and report on if it is anamorphic widescreen or not. Back to School had a secret upgrade to anamorphic on the single disc version a few years back. I know nothing about Easy Money though. Can someone who has seen this please help? I'd love to buy this if it was anamorphic.

Dan

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

The individual discs I bought a few years back for both Easy Money & Back To School are enhanced for 16x9 TV's. Its safe to assume that this is a repackage of the old discs into one 2 disc set.

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Joe, If the film companies always played fair, I would say it was safe to assume this set would be anamorphic. But I wouldn't put it past them to just be packaging up all the old stock of the older versions of these titles just to get rid of them. My guess it there's about a 50/50 chance these are enhanced, and since they don't say one way or the other on the packaging, I don't think most stores would take them back if they weren't enhanced and you tried to return the set. That's why I'm hoping for a definitive answer before I buy.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Dan, fear not! I have them and I can verify that the discs are double-sided, and are anamorphic on one side and full screen on the other.

And, yes, in case anyone else is curious, Easy Money is still missing that Monty Boxing Sequence.

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Thanks Robbie, that's all I needed to know. I will be picking this one up for sure.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Were there two versions of 'Back to School' on DVD: one that was only LB and a later one that was anamorphic?

I'm still looking for the 16x9 version (if it exists), because I already have 'Easy Money'.

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
Yes, There was a secret remaster of Back to School a few years ago. The packaging is identical except if you look very closely on the back the new ones say anamorphic on them or 16:9.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks