1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Axiom Owners I need you HELP!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jason F., May 30, 2003.

1. Jason F.

Jason F. Well-Known Member

I am going to close on my new house in the end of July. My wife has given me the go ahead to update my HT system. I have decided to go with the M22's, VP100's, 3 Qs4's and an SVS sub. I have heard that Axioms are bright, so what receiver are you running? I would like to keep it around 500 bucks and I want to be able to run a HD signal through it. My interest so far are:

HK 525 refurbished
    Pioneer 43tx
    Pioneer 912
    Denon 2803

Any experience on these or others I should look at? I really like the HK b/c it is warm, but I am concerned about the fan noise.

2. Leo_P

Leo_P Well-Known Member

I wouldn't classify the Axioms as bright. I'd say they were transparent.
    I own a pair of M3's, a pair of M40's and a VP100. FWIW, I had my set-up hooked up to an h/k AVR 520 and thought they sounded great.[​IMG] I'd go for the refurb 525, but that's me.
    On a side note, I'd ditch the VP100. My M3's and M40's are great speakers but, IMHO the VP100 sucks. It just doesn't keep up. Either go for a VP150 which I understand is a much better center-channel or get another M22 or even an M3 and use that as a center. If you go with getting a bookshelf for a center you should put it in it's normal (vertical) position, not on it's side.
    Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

3. Daniel T

Daniel T Well-Known Member

I agree with Leo about getting the H/K. I have the M3s, VP100, and QS4s hooked to an older H/K AVR55 with a parasound 855a amp. I to find that the VP100 lacks at times. I would go ahead and purchase the VP150. You will not be disappointed with Axiom. Just don't buy their subs.

Daniel T

4. Jason F.

Thank you guys, I will have to go ahead and spring for the VP150![​IMG]

5. Jason F.

Any other receiver comments? I guess i'm a little hesitant because I keep hearing about problems from the HK. And I am a little concerned that the HK is made for 7.1 and I am just going to do a 6.1 set-up.

6. James Gillespie

James Gillespie Active Member

So far I only have 3 QS4's in the rear, don't have the budget yet to replace my front speakers (but I did get the SVS 16-46+ [​IMG] ) and I'm running it with a Yamaha RXV-1300. Everything sounds good to me, and I expect it to get even better when I have similar speakers all around. Currently my fronts are a pair of 10 year old Pioneer's with 10" drivers.

Cheers,
    James