What's new

Axiom Owners I need you HELP!! (1 Viewer)

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to close on my new house in the end of July. My wife has given me the go ahead to update my HT system. I have decided to go with the M22's, VP100's, 3 Qs4's and an SVS sub. I have heard that Axioms are bright, so what receiver are you running? I would like to keep it around 500 bucks and I want to be able to run a HD signal through it. My interest so far are:

HK 525 refurbished
Pioneer 43tx
Pioneer 912
Denon 2803

Any experience on these or others I should look at? I really like the HK b/c it is warm, but I am concerned about the fan noise.

Leo_P

Second Unit
I wouldn't classify the Axioms as bright. I'd say they were transparent.
I own a pair of M3's, a pair of M40's and a VP100. FWIW, I had my set-up hooked up to an h/k AVR 520 and thought they sounded great.:emoji_thumbsup: I'd go for the refurb 525, but that's me.
On a side note, I'd ditch the VP100. My M3's and M40's are great speakers but, IMHO the VP100 sucks. It just doesn't keep up. Either go for a VP150 which I understand is a much better center-channel or get another M22 or even an M3 and use that as a center. If you go with getting a bookshelf for a center you should put it in it's normal (vertical) position, not on it's side.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Leo about getting the H/K. I have the M3s, VP100, and QS4s hooked to an older H/K AVR55 with a parasound 855a amp. I to find that the VP100 lacks at times. I would go ahead and purchase the VP150. You will not be disappointed with Axiom. Just don't buy their subs.

Daniel T

Jason F.

Stunt Coordinator
Any other receiver comments? I guess i'm a little hesitant because I keep hearing about problems from the HK. And I am a little concerned that the HK is made for 7.1 and I am just going to do a 6.1 set-up.

So far I only have 3 QS4's in the rear, don't have the budget yet to replace my front speakers (but I did get the SVS 16-46+ ;) ) and I'm running it with a Yamaha RXV-1300. Everything sounds good to me, and I expect it to get even better when I have similar speakers all around. Currently my fronts are a pair of 10 year old Pioneer's with 10" drivers.

Cheers,
James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks