What's new

Attention Canadian Shoppers (1 Viewer)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Hello Simon,
We can currently (2003 09 04) get Digital Video Essentials from Amazon.ca for $27.99. Be sure to fill your shopping cart to $39 or more to get free shipping.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Future Shop is having a sale on the new editions of Breakfast Club, Weird Science and Sixteen Candles - $16.99 each or you can get the 3-pack for $45.99.

These sales last until 9/11.

Gary Mui

Agent
I lucked out and got the Weird Science DVD for $7.99+tax! They must have screwed up the pre-order price a few weeks ago. I was shocked when I saw it on the website for $16.99 after discount. :emoji_thumbsup:

Simon Ngan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your information on the Digital Video Essentials. I'll get it from Amazon along with another DVD so I won't end up paying for shipping.

Thanks,

Simon

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
My pleasure, Simon.

If your subtotal is $50 or greater, you can use promotional code CANADATELUSM to receive $10 off your order. It expires December 31.

Luke_Lemmings

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad you can only use those codes once per user.

Does anyone know a way around this. Can you sign up for 2 accounts?

Miles

Second Unit
Just a note that I got a copy of the v1 Back to the Future Widescreen set at Future Shop for $35.99. I think this may be a sell-off of the v1 sets to make way for the corrected versions.

Luke_Lemmings

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon.ca has the best price for the Back to the Future Trilogy.

I'm not sure if the price has changed but I got mine a week ago and paid $31 & change. Plus I ordered it with something else which brought the total to over $50. I was then able to use the $10 off promotional code.

And of course shipping was free.

DVD Wave in Richmond Hill has it on for $32.99.

How do you tell if you've got the v1 or v2?
Where's this "green sticker"?

GregClarke

Stunt Coordinator
Ad in the Ottawa Sun today, Paradigm Studio 40 v2 on sale for $799.95 at Sound Advice on Merivale.
Other models, seconds and demos also available.

Greg

Luke_Lemmings

Stunt Coordinator
For those who haven't gotten LOTR Two Towers.

FUTURESHOP: Fri, Sat., Sun.

First 25 copies sold PER DAY, PER STORE will be priced at $17.99

Sleeping Beauty: Same deal except 30 copies per day, per store.

Get there in the morning when they open up to aviod disappointment.

NOTE: GTA area locations ONLY.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Theres also numerous popular DVD's for $16.99 at FS; Catch me if you can, Fast and the Furious... thats all I can remmber off the top of my head

DavidY

Supporting Actor
GregClarke,

Ad in the Ottawa Sun today, Paradigm Studio 40 v2 on sale for $799.95 at Sound Advice on Merivale.
Sorry, but the list price on the V.2 was CDN$800. Not much of a sale if one sells at the list price. The prices on the V.2 should be much cheaper since the new V.3 are now out.

For a comparison, an A/V store in the greater Vancouver area had priced the Studio/20 V.2 at $500/pair recently. During the summer, a friend of mine bought the Studio/20 V.2 for ~$550 before taxes.

Dave

Luke_Lemmings

Stunt Coordinator
Joseph...

Highly inlikely you'll find Matrix Reloaded cheaper then $23.99. Best Buy and Future shop try their best at having the lowest price for new release DVDs. With their buying power it is unlikely anyone maybe cheaper. MAYBE Walmart might be cheaper by 50 cents but that's the best you'll find.

I know people who work at best buy and the markup on DVDs is next to nothing, literally. Employees get a rate of Cost+10% and for new release DVDs they're paying nearly the same price as regular consumers. Now the employee rate for the new sony grand wega or monster cables and accessories is a different story. Monster stuff can be had for half price and the new grand wega III 42" can be had for under $3000.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Arggg, it's too bad that we Canadians don't get the deals they get in the States. The Matrix Reloaded will be widely available for $14.99 USD tomorrow, which works out to approximately $19.99 CAD with the conversion. For some reason, it is $4 more. Best Buy (U.S. only) also has a $5 off coupon so some are ordering it online for only $9.99 USD. :angry: Most new DVDs don't have a reasonable price conversion.
However, Star Trek V is only $17.99 CAD at Future Shop which is an excellent price as compared to the U.S. price.
Go figure ... :confused:

Phil Levy

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno what's up with the firesale, but they've FURTHER reduced the price down to $79 ($119 - $40 rebate) for a Gamecube! That's like $55 USD...

They're sold out on futureshop.ca, but they're still in store so if you want one get out there!

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the heads-up Phil! :)
Now that's a deal!
I'm picking one up tonight. I verified the price in-store just to be sure. I had checked the website, which showed it for $120 - $40. Then I checked it again about 15 mins. later and it was $140 - $40. I phoned my nearest location and they are holding one for me at the $120 - $40 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks