1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Attention Canadian Shoppers

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Andrew Chong, Aug 8, 2002.

1. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Well-Known Member

Roger's video actually lists the DVD's they have with prices on their website, of course selection will vary but at least you can see if it is even possible to get.
    Pre-viewed DVDs

2. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

For anyone in the Toronto area. If you happen to read the Toronto Sun, keep a lookout for Music World $3 off coupons for the latest DVD releases....you can find them in the entertainment section below the theatre listings. This week's coupon is for Basic ,Phone Booth and The Real Cancun . I checked the prices for the first two titles and they are currently selling at $26.99 - use the coupon and you pay $23.99 a piece....cheaper price than Future Shop, Best Buy and WalMart.[​IMG]

3. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Well-Known Member

Good day friends,
    I did a little comparison shopping for you if you're interested in a book on our favourite format.
    After reading a piece of news (07/24/03) posted on The Digital Bits Website detailing what looks like a promising and comprehensive book on DVD and noticing the link to amazon.com, I did a search on amazon.ca.
    The Digital Bits Insider's Guide to DVD (September 1, 2003 release) by Bill Hunt and Todd Doogan is currently available at amazon.ca for $23.16 CDN. Comparably, chapters.indigo.ca is selling it for $28.95 CDN.

4. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Well-Known Member

Today (Aug. 5) only, get one of the following recent releases for only $14.99 at FutureShop.ca:

Fast and the Furious: Tricked Out edition
    Shanghai Knights
    Gangs of New York
    The Animatrix

5. Andrew Chong

Thank-you, Dave. I just picked up Shanghai Knights. My FutureShop was out of stock on Gangs of New York; in stock on the other titles though.

6. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Well-Known Member

I caught this deal this morning as well. Great deals for anyone looking for these titles.

7. Andrew Chong

If you haven't already picked them up: For fans of Tom Hanks, Sam Mendes, and Steven Spielberg,
    Futureshop has Road To Perdition (all versions, including the one in dts though excluding an HBO featurette) and Catch Me If You Can priced at $19.99 each.

8. Joseph J.D

For anyone looking for cheaply priced Playstation 2 games, Futureshop has in their Aug 14 - 20th mini-flyer Devil May Cry for $19.99 - anyone wanting to expand their PS2 library might want to pick this one up.

9. Luke_Lemmings

Luke_Lemmings Well-Known Member

For those who haven't already got it,

Catch me if you can at Future shop for $18.99

Sale ends Aug 28, 2003.

10. Joseph J.D

Just came back from Futureshop in east-end Mississauga (Dundas St near the Etobicoke border).....Identity (John Cusack, Ray Liotta) is selling there for $16.99 !!! This must be a mistake because it is on the website for $25.99 . If you are near there, I suggest you go and pick it up quick or check your nearest FS just in case it is a one day special.

11. Luke_Lemmings

Thanks for the shout out Joseph!

12. Simon Ngan

Simon Ngan Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't have any good deals for you guys but I do want to find out where I can get Digital Video Essentials in Canada? Future Shop had it for a while on their web site but I can't find it anymore from their future release section.

Thanks for your help,

Simon

13. Andrew Chong

Hello Simon,
    We can currently (2003 09 04) get Digital Video Essentials from Amazon.ca for $27.99. Be sure to fill your shopping cart to $39 or more to get free shipping.

14. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Well-Known Member

Future Shop is having a sale on the new editions of Breakfast Club, Weird Science and Sixteen Candles - $16.99 each or you can get the 3-pack for $45.99.

These sales last until 9/11.

15. Gary Mui

Gary Mui Active Member

I lucked out and got the Weird Science DVD for $7.99+tax! They must have screwed up the pre-order price a few weeks ago. I was shocked when I saw it on the website for $16.99 after discount. [​IMG]

16. Simon Ngan

Simon Ngan Well-Known Member

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your information on the Digital Video Essentials. I'll get it from Amazon along with another DVD so I won't end up paying for shipping.

Thanks,

Simon

17. Andrew Chong

My pleasure, Simon.

If your subtotal is $50 or greater, you can use promotional code CANADATELUSM to receive $10 off your order. It expires December 31.

18. Luke_Lemmings

Too bad you can only use those codes once per user.

Does anyone know a way around this. Can you sign up for 2 accounts?

19. ashley c

ashley c Well-Known Member

20. Miles

Miles Well-Known Member

Just a note that I got a copy of the v1 Back to the Future Widescreen set at Future Shop for $35.99. I think this may be a sell-off of the v1 sets to make way for the corrected versions.