1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Attention Canadian Shoppers

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Andrew Chong, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Well-Known Member

More current bargains are divulged below in subsequent replies...
    If you haven't already rushed out to get these:
    You can buy Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring for $19.99 at Music World IF you also buy two other $19.99 dvds (selection ranging from Basic Instinct SE to Twelve Monkeys DTS, not bad).
    The Simpsons Season 2 set can be had at Wal-Mart for $39.88. Oh, while at Wal-Mart, you can also get Speed 5-Star Collection for $21.88 too.
    Good things come to those who wait (a few days).

2. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

I knew it! I should have gone online before going to Zellers today to pick up Simpsons Season 2 for $45.88.....D'Oh![​IMG]

3. DavidY

DavidY Well-Known Member

LOTR WS DVD is on sale for CDN$21.83 at Real Canadian Superstore. Limited quantity of 1. CDN$24.88 for 2+ quantities. It's likely that this is a limited time offer. Get 'em while you can. I would have picked one up while I was there, but I already ordered it online from Rogersvideo.ca

Dave

4. Andrew Chong

Wal-Mart does it again.

According to the flyer, you can get the Gremlins Special Edition at Wal-Mart for $17.88.

edit: Just paid a visit to Music World. They've got Dinotopia (highly recommended by Ron Epstein) for $19.99!

5. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Well-Known Member

Music World seems to be a rip off here. EVERY dvd is $2 more than any other store in Town! I've tried like 4 Music worlds. They use to be cheaper than most stores (like a year ago). I went there the other day and they even had the super savings dvd's (you know the ones that are $19.99 everywhere) they were $21.99!

What blew me away was American Pie 2 was $39.99!!! It's like $26 at wal-mart. Jerry Maguire was $39.99 as well again $26 at wal-mart.

I won't be shopping at Music World anymore!

6. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Well-Known Member

You guys may want to check your local Wal-Mart flyer, but mine states that Sopranos: Season 3 is $64.88 CAD on DVD! It's obviously a misprint as this is the VHS price (DVD is suppose to be $89.88). There are no mentions of corrections at this point either. Great deal for anyone in the market for it.

7. ashley c

ashley c Well-Known Member

I picked up Sopranos for that price, did a price match at FutureShop just in case in was a misprice! [​IMG]

8. Andrew Chong

Friends,
    In case you didn't already know, Star Trek: The Next Generation Fourth Season is $118.63 at Wal-Mart. I did a price protection at FutureShop and got it for $117.

9. DavidY

DavidY Well-Known Member

Friends Season 2

CDN$49.99 at Future Shop
    CDN$49.xx at Real Canadian Superstore

Blade 2

CDN$26.99 at Future Shop

Star Trek TNG Season 4

CDN$119.99 at Future Shop (price may not be the same throughout Canada...guessing that this price is due to a local Costco).

Dave

10. Andrew Chong

Friends,
    I've got a little something different for those interested in computers who will be in the Greater Toronto Area September 27-29, 2002.
    The Computer Fest: Computer Show and Sale will be held at the Automotive Building, Exhibition Place, Toronto, Friday 10-9, Saturday and Sunday 10-6.
    Regular admission is $9.
    Here's the best part of my post.
    Usually, you can get a $1 off coupon in the newspaper or the various computer newspapers. Well, now you can get a $3 off coupon here. Just print it out and bring it to the ticket booth to save a little money on admission. Get it while the link is still active.
    Cheers!

11. Andrew Chong

Friends,
    I've got another coupon for you.
    Until October 31, 2002, you can use it at Sunrise Records to get $2.00 off any CD, Cassette or DVD priced $17.00 or more (limit one per customer, per purchase).

12. Joseph J.D

Thanks for the link to the Sunrise coupon Andrew. Printed out a few and used 2 of them on Strange Brew and Stephen King's It.[​IMG]

13. Andrew Chong

Excellent, Joseph!

14. PatrickM

PatrickM Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys checked out www.amazon.ca yet? The pre-orders aren't bad and with coupons such as CANADASMAG5T a new customer can get $10 off a $50 purchase. Plus they have free shipping for orders over $75 before coupons.
    I pre-ordered the ET 3 Disc box and the special Spider-Man box set with comics, etc. Not a bad deal at all.
    Some of the other pre-orders are less than Futureshop as well including the ST:TNG Season 5 set.
    Patrick

15. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Well-Known Member

Using that coupon posted by PatrickM, I pre-ordered the Kurosawa - Four Samurai Classics boxset from Criterion (Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro) for $97 +tax, with free express shipping.

Four Criterion titles for under $100 CDN!

16. Jim Spencer

Jim Spencer Well-Known Member

I put this in Dave's weekly roundup, but not sure how many Canadians read it since it's strictly US stores, so I thought I'd mention this deal here as well.
    For fellow Canadians: at Mainlymusic.com if you are an original member you can get Spiderman DVD for $14.99 (Canadian Funds) with free shipping. It will show up at $29.99 with a $15 discount in your shopping cart.Sweet Deal.http://www.mainlymusic.com

17. Andrew Chong

The Blizzard DVD Collection is now available at Electronics Boutique for $24.99. Otherwise, Compucentre has it at the still nice price of $30.99.
    Some discussion of this three-DVD set has happened here.

18. Andrew Chong

James Bergeron shared this with us, Austin Powers: Goldmember for $19.63 at Wal-Mart until December 10. I had no such luck yesterday, maybe you will fare better.
    While there, I picked up all three new Disney Treasures: Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio, The Complete Goofy, and Mickey Mouse in Black and White for $23.46 each. Beautiful!

19. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Well-Known Member

Attention!! Future Shop sale till the 15th, pre-order BTTF trilogy for $39.99 + free shipping!!!!

Wal-Mart has advertised $42.83 for Back to the Future trilogy, I suggest getting there early as they might not have many widescreen copies. I suspect it will be cheaper as well.

Sorry about the $19 Goldmember not panning out, maybe my wal-mart is just great! I also got spiderman for $22 at wal-mart even though all the signs said $24.

So I'm hoping BTTF will be $39 at wal-mart! Although even $42 is great since I see it's $39 in the states!!!

20. Joseph J.D

I just found what may be the cheapest price for Die Another Day. I found it in the May 31st flyer for.....Shoppers Drug Mart priced at $19.99 ! Who would have thought it? Beats Best Buy and Future Shop by 3 bucks! I'll definitely take this flyer to Best Buy on Tuesday for a price match and get the free DVD as well.
    [​IMG]