What's new

Archer Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I REALLY don't care about Laurel's downward spiral, and every return to her storyline took me away from the rest of the episode which I was really enjoying. If the show follows the comics, then I guess Laurel will replace Sarah and thus there is a reason for her to get her life straightened out. But since I have found Laurel a drag since episode 1, I just don't care.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Matt Hough said:
I REALLY don't care about Laurel's downward spiral, and every return to her storyline took me away from the rest of the episode which I was really enjoying. If the show follows the comics, then I guess Laurel will replace Sarah and thus there is a reason for her to get her life straightened out. But since I have found Laurel a drag since episode 1, I just don't care.
Your in the wrong thread :) You're thinking Arrow. Though he is an Archer ;) Just not the drug running type ;)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I must be the only one who still wonders what the hell was in that briefcase. :) Great nearly pulp fiction level counter story that just stayed there

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I was actually really excited by the premise of entirely shaking up the status quo on this show after the promising first episode of the season, but I've been mostly disappointed so far by everything since. The Kenny Loggins thing was great, and a couple of twists on show convention were awesome ("are we not doing 'phrasing' anymore?"), but overall I haven't found it that funny this year.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Ironic to me that these last two episodes since I've complained have probably felt the strongest all season to me. :D

I feel like it's at least partly because Archer (the character)'s antics are far more amusing in the field rather than sitting in a mansion all episode.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. The field two-parter had the feeling of the old show, and frankly spending half the episode back in the mansion with coke-addicted Pam, singing Cheryl, and Malory continually bitching has worn out any comic impact it might have had earlier in the season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I loved everything in the jungle. I tend to agree, it's strongest when they are 'out of the house', I also liked Lurlene on the road a few episodes back.
But it is interesting watching Pam slim down and become smaller and smaller as they keep playing up her coke habit.
Show's been renewed for 2 more seasons

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
mattCR said:
I loved everything in the jungle. I tend to agree, it's strongest when they are 'out of the house', I also liked Lurlene on the road a few episodes back.
Agreed. Possibly my favorite episodes of the season. The seemingly-never-ending tumbling jeep was amazing, as was Archer's description of why he would be scared of crocodiles (along with the over-the-top gore of them claiming the corpses).

The B-plot couldn't keep up, but that's because the A-plot was simply on fire.

("EVERYTHING!! They eat everything! And fear is their bacon-bits!")

Matt Hough said:
Lots of funny stuff this week. The running gags with Woodhouse crack me up every time.
"...Goddamn, Woodhouse."

"Only thing for a grass, mum."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Pam, let me ask you--"
"The butthole, Lana, is what I was--"

That was a lot of fun. Not quite as good as last week, in my opinion, but pretty close. Loved how the cutting between present and flashbacks allowed them to fit in some great jokes and gags at Tunt Manor. Mallory was wonderfully terrifying. Jessica Walter is a national treasure, and we are lucky to have her.

"What the hell is the mirror for?!"

"So you can watch!"

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
No comments on the season finale? Looks like we're getting that reboot that Adam Reed hinted at halfway into the season. And Archer now has a little girl! Looking to see how that develops next season!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Matt Hough said:
No comments on the season finale? Looks like we're getting that reboot that Adam Reed hinted at halfway into the season. And Archer now has a little girl! Looking to see how that develops next season!
yep. ISIS returns! Now it's just officially CIA off label.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The final 3 episodes were pretty great.

I hope Pam beats her addiction...she looks like she's gonna die soon!

The baby giving the 'hold that thought' finger we associate with Archer was classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks