What's new

Apple Media Event 9/12: Announcements and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Quote:
Implementation, integration and details matter.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]oooookay.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Nothing new to see here.[/COLOR]

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think the one thing that really went wrong here is that Apple didn't keep any secrets.. almost everything here was stuff we've known for weeks now.. so there was no "magic" of a surprise.. I'm waiting for a "one more thing" but I don't know what it would be

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/323644/apple-media-event-9-12-announcements-and-discussion-thread-opens-1pm-est-9-12/30#post_3974021
3GS is killed.
In the US, on contract-subsidized, for sure. It will be interesting to see what gets sold unlocked/no contract worldwide. If Apple doesn't go below the up till now $349(?) full cost price of the 3GS until today, they are ceding the entire low end smartphone market to Android. Maybe that's the plan, but...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This is the first real product launch without Steve Jobs in a sense. Yes, there was a few others with Cook. But this is a big one and highly anticipated. And without Jobs, sure the magic is lost. And the control he had at Apple helped keep the secrets. I suppose this is the new Apple now. The same, but not the same.
I like the new Nano too! And I'm in for the new iPhone 5. These products may have been the very last to have had Job's input or some input and some blessing. This is how I sort of look at them.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk /t/323644/apple-media-event-9-12-announcements-and-discussion-thread-opens-1pm-est-9-12/30#post_3974033
I'm not disapointed, but I do miss the secrecy. Doesn't matter what they released, if you know all of the info prior to the date then it's not going to be "exciting".
Hardware secrecy is no longer possible -- they can't build the 20 million iPhones they need to stock up the launch in secret. Software secrecy is slightly more possible -- did anyone predict the new iTunes UI?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Quote:
A really nice update for the iPod Touch.

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Yes, really impressed with it. This was a nice iPod refresh.[/COLOR]

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/323644/apple-media-event-9-12-announcements-and-discussion-thread-opens-1pm-est-9-12/60#post_3974076
Can we get new iMacs in the next
20 minutes pleeeese?

I really think new iMacs will just show up some Tuesday morning in the next few weeks after an Apple Store outage.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Maybe iMacs with mini iPad? Would love a nana with bluetooth. Wish it had GPS too for running :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks