What's new

Clue (1985) (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Who bumped this thread . . .

"Are you hiding? . . . I'm coming . . . "

Haha!!!! Now I'm compelled to pop in the DVD when I get home from work!

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Interesting. In Phoenix you had to find out from word of mouth which theater had which ending.

Doug

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I remember when the film was released, and the newspaper ads for the theaters that told you if it was showing ending A, B or C. I think this did annoy my Mom, and she ended up not taking me to see it, even though I wanted to see it because I loved the board game.

When it was released on VHS, I watched it at a friend's house (with all 3 endings) and I just remember thinking that it was a disjointed mess, like they were making it up as they went along. It also reminded me of one of my all-time favorite comedies, Murder By Death, except that the writing wasn't nearly as funny. I was disappointed, because Tim Curry's and the rest of the cast's talents were wasted, IMO.

Cluefan6

Auditioning
Real Name
Spencer
Does anyone here collect or have any Clue items?

:)
I also love everyone take on if you like or dislike this movie.

Newspapers and theaters had listed what ending they were showing.

Some theaters were given all 3 endings, even 2 to show (one per showing) and others were just given one ending to show all the time.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I have a board game from the 1970's (the one with photos rather than illustrations) and I have an "interactive" game from the 1980's that came with a VHS tape. It was a good idea in concept, but it was a clunky process having to FF and REW to the appropriate sections of the tape during the game, so I think it only got played 2 or 3 times. I also recall that the game was very expensive.

A DVD game would be much better. There's probably one out there now- I don't know.

Cluefan6

Auditioning
Real Name
Spencer

Not to get too far of topic from the movie, but yes there is a DVD Clue game. It was released last year. However it is 'cartoon' style instead of the VHS game that used real actors.

Cluefan6

Auditioning
Real Name
Spencer
That is good Scene. One of the best.

Mrs. Peacock: "We're doing our best!!"

That line always makes me laugh. :)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I just showed this movie to a couple of my friends a few nights ago. I'm not sure if they loved it as much as me, but they seemed to enjoy it...

But yes, so quotable... I seem to enjoy the three endings together on the home video version better, but that's just me...

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Miss Scarlet: Maybe there is such a thing as life after death.
Mrs. White: Life after death is as improbable as sex after marriage!

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I originally thought I didn't like this movie, but I found myself watching it on cable all the time anyways. So I guess I do like it. I think the sense of fun the cast is having is infectious in a way.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
"I'm a plant."
"I thought you were a fruit."

-------------------------------

"I am not shouting. Ok, I'm shouting. I'M SHOUTING! I'M SHOUTING! I'M SHOUTING!"

-------------------------------

"The key is gone!"
"Forget the key. Unlock the door!"

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Wonder if they'll adapt as a comedy again, or a serious mystery, or maybe include a thriller/horror twist.

Can't see how it would work as a TV series.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm wondering if toy and game movies are the next thing that everybody will want to pursue. With a Monopoly movie coming and Barbie being such a smash, and super heroes trending downward, it seems likely we'll get a bunch of these. Now, the question will be, will audiences turn out for them and sequels to them the way they turned out for super hero films for a couple of decades?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks