What's new

Anyone have a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner? (2 Viewers)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dang Tony, I actually considered PMing you to see if you were interested, sorry you can't make it! Let me know if your schedule changes, would love to get to meet ya! Dave, that's just mean =p

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It would have been tough anyway. We are getting ready to put our house up as we are about to move to Orlando. We have a little bit of work left then by this weekend house is for sale.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Sam Posten
Dave, that's just mean =p

I think it would be really cool to see one of those new Dysons put through their paces.
I see it has been been two years ago (this week!) that we got our Dyson. My wife and I weren't sure. We went to the local shop with every intention of getting a used Dyson they had advertised and then they tried every sales trick in the book to get us to purchase anything else (new out-of-the-box). They were pretty effective..but we hung tough. And now every time we use it, we say we made the right decision. The thing has been a work horse and picks up every bit of dust, dirt and dog hair that it comes near (and the dog's have been crazy shedding the past month or so. One week was especially severe.)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm actually looking forward to trying it out on stairs and in my car. My car is a MESS. Will be a good torture test of it! Zero complaints about my Animal, works great, worth the premium price IMO. Hoping the Furminator brush will help keep cat sheds to a minimum this year but even if not, I know I can count on the Dyson to keep it mopped up!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Party is on for tomorrow (Sun) at 4, I'm back from my cruise! Open to anyone who still is interested and hasn't confirmed, 908 461 7181 if you need directions!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just got back from Orlando. . .I'm surprised that Mike didn't express any jealousy! :) If I lived a *little* closer (it's a ~160 minute drive) then I'd get Disney annual passes. In fact, I might get them anyway. I mean, in my normal life, I have no interest in standing around watching people in cartoon character costumes frolic down the street singing about Celebrating Your Dreams, but somehow when one is inside that park, turkey leg in hand, it becomes perfectly OK, and in fact highly enjoyable, for a grown man to do. :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of turkey legs in hand...can I just tell you the best thing I've ever heard in a Disneyland (Anaheim)? Mother with a southern accent to her children: "Who wants a bite of momma's pickle?" The group I was with, men and women in our late thirties now, started cracking up like a bunch of teenagers. We tried to get out of her earshot as quick as possible so as to not be disrespectful. I think we were mostly successful. Yes I know, we have the mentality of children. :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like it would be just the thing for carpeted stairs. The Dyson upright I have does the job on the stairs...but is still kind of a PITA and can't get in close where the tread meets the rise. Neighbors, Sam? Any fellow HTFers in the group?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And I now own a second Dyson vacuum cleaner! The same model pictured above in Sam's posts--a Slim Digital Animal (purple).

It regular goes for upwards of $399...but it was a recent Woot deal for $179 (refurbished).

We have two long-haired dogs in our home and every time I walk through the house I see "tumbleweeds" of dog hair in the corners and against the baseboard and would always wish there was a quicker way of vacuuming them up (other than pulling out the Dyson upright). Now I just pull the slim machine off the wall, pull the trigger, and the work is done in minutes. It really is impressive in power and convenience. Money very well spent.

The upright, meanwhile, continues to impress every time I use it. It is one of those appliances which makes me marvel at its ability to do well the job for which it was designed. It is still my "go to" machine for all our carpets.

And to think just a few years ago I had such major Dyson envy! :laugh:

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I have a Dyson. Great vacuum. Great phone support too. Called in a Sunday morning about 10am, vacuum was clogged and I couldn't find it, the person who answered the phone talked me thru taking the vacuum apart and fixed my problem.

2 thumbs up for great support

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks