What's new

Any success pre-ordering a PS3 yet? (1 Viewer)

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody know of any stores that are accepting official pre-orders yet on the PS3?
All I have seen is FYE, they are taking 50 dollar pre-orders. Gamestop and EB are yet to start.

Anybody?

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
When I asked about Wii/PS3 pre-orders at EB, they said the company as a whole is planning to wait until a month or 2 prior to release. They don't want to duplicate the 360 fiasco again. Online retailers may have pre-orders available before then, so you may need to keep checking places like amazon.

A

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

From what I've heard via the rumour mill, neither will be officially taking pre-orders until October at the earliest.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

The latest rumors suggest that the Wii will be released on October 2nd, at a price point of $149. If that is true (probably not), then pre-orders would need to start in August, at the latest.

The link refers to the story over at PlanetGameCube.com which is a very reputable Nintendo fansite/forum.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
That would be awesome if the Wii is released in October and will only be $149!

I think I'm going to pass on the PS3. The games coming out for the 360 kick the PS3's ass! Plus there is no way I'm spending $500 or $600 just for a console.

Mike Milillo

Stunt Coordinator

149? wow, that would be amazing. They would be giving it away.

and yeah, I keep hearing october as well for the ps3 pre-orders for gamestop and EB. I am on two lists at fye's, number 14 and 27. Little hopes with such high numbers for the first month at least I think

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

Honestly, that's exactly how I feel about it. I'm excited for the Wii, actually, especially if its as affordable as the rumours indicate that it might be, and it's got Zelda and Metroid and all sorts of goodness in the pipeline. But, honestly, as much as i love the Final Fantasy series, I'm not dropping $600 on a console to play it. I'm just not. Maybe once the price comes down some in future.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
do we know ANY specs on the Wii yet? i mean for that price, i wouldn't be surprised if it was only a bit more advanced thab an xbox. we know for sure it'd not hi-def. but hey, we're not paying to be wow'ed graphics-wise, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks