What's new

Any Chance of Dan August Getting Released And Who Owns? (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I would like for the 1970-1971 Burt Reynolds show Dan August to get released on DVD. Even though Burt Reynold's career faded it is suprising with his name that this show has not already been released. It only lasted 1 Season so all it would take is 1 release. Does anyone knows who owns this show? Does CBS Paramount own it or some other studio? Any chance for a DVD Release in within the next year?

Thanks!

Robert

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Pretty sure its owned by CBS. I have a bunch from off-air in the UK and they had a Worldvision tag on the end so likely the show wound up with CBS. As for chance of release, I have not heard of it being on their radar.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
It's a very good show from a time when Reynolds still took acting seriously and he wasn't so full of himself. His previous series, the short lived HAWK, was even better. Once he posed for that centerfold it sealed his career as someone who would never be taken seriously again, no matter his inherent skill or talent, and he lost whatever aspirations he once had as an actor.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
True, it's unfortunate because he's a very fine actor evidently. And well off financially too no doubt, so couldn't he just buy the show and release it himself? :cool: But seriously, it always seemed odd to me that so far this cult titles never made it to DVD, a one time big box-office name to it and all, even stranger yet if no MOD release is planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks