What's new

Another Knight Rider movie, pilot for 2008! - Merged! (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here's a screen grab from the sequence when the bumbling bad guys were in the garage, right before they come across the new KITT. You can see all the old KITT's in this wide shot. I've adjusted the levels so you can see the original Firebird (or a replica of the old KITT) in the foreground.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Not to get too far off topic, but I had to mention that I've owned two Mustangs in my life (a 1967 and 1970 version). My mother at different times owned two(!) 1965 Mustangs (both of them off-white), and my aunt owned a gorgeous plum-colored convertible Mustang. I'm not sure of the year for the last one, but it may have been a 1966. I think it had a 302 engine, but it may have been a 289. Knowing this might help narrow to narrow down the year (and I am by no means an expert).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, since you brought it up; The 289 was used in Mustangs from 1965 to 1967 with a few early 1968 models having some of the left over 289's. The 302 was used primarily in 1968 and onward. My Mustang is a 1967.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You can also see a close-up of the old KITT's steering wheel and license plate in that garage scene.

It makes me wonder how many he made, we know he made the original KITT as well as KITT's "evil" twin KARR (I always thought KARR was a bad ass) and this new one, so three would sound about right. Unless of course the KITT we saw in the later seasons with the opening flaps and super pursuit mode was a completely new car in which case that makes 4.

Also on the "evil" vehicle front, anyone remember Michael's evil twin Garth and his truck Goliath? :) Put a moustach on Hasslehoff and voila! Bad guy lol.

John Swarce

Second Unit

When they showed the route they would take to Vegas while saying how long it would take (~200 miles/hr!), I cracked up. Straight through LA and onto Vegas. I don't live in LA, but I have visited. Ain't no way to go that fast on that road!:laugh:

I felt like I was sitting through a two hour Ford commercial (and I owned a Mustang for 12 years!). My 13 year old son and I had fun picking out the various Ford vehicles in the background. They did throw in a Volvo on the mountain pass, though.

Rolled my eyes at the lesbian backstory intro for the FBI agent. At first I didn't think I was seeing what they were showing. Cheap attempt to widen the demographics.

It might be picked up as a series, but it won't last.

--John

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I kind of thought the reason they were shown backing out of the airplane instead of a truck was maybe it was an over seas mission? Probably not, though. As I think about, a black mustang cobra (or any color mustang, for that matter) would stand out in some 3rd world country on a secret mission. Unless maybe KITT can also transform into a donkey and cart?

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

I think they were just setting us up for the idea that some of the threats KITT and Michael will be dealing with will be global in nature. Personally, I think that's pretty cool.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

I think they were just setting us up for the idea that some of the threats KITT and Michael will be dealing with will be global in nature. Personally, I think that's pretty cool.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I liked it. I was a bit disappointed at the lack of "Turbo Boost" and "Super Pursuit" modes, but I think the people involved did a good job of re-creating the original series's appeal without restarting it. I also like that they've set up a continuing storyline for themselves without being trapped by it; there's room for done-in-ones, plot threads like what Michael Knight and KITT #1 have been up to in the meantime, etc.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was horrible. The story went absolutely nowhere and was just plain boring. It might have been better if they had dropped the idea of bringing in Mike and had just made the designer's daughter the new operator of KITT.

On the theory that pilot movies are never a great indication, I'll give a series a chance if it comes along, but I don't care if it gets the nod or not.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
They shopuld have titled it Knight Rider: The Next Generation. :P

I thought it was decent. It was just a pilot movie, so you can't really expect much better. I actually like that they connected it to the original, rather than doing a total reboot; it gives it a sense of history.

Oh, of course the baddies got to Vegas faster. They were using air transportation.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
According to Sci Fi.com

NBC's two-hour Knight Rider movie topped the Feb. 17 TV ratings among young adults and scored the best demographics for a movie on television in nearly three years, Variety reported.

The good ratings increase the likelihood that the peacock network will green-light a series based on the backdoor pilot, an update of and sequel to the 1980s TV series of the same name.

Preliminary Nielsen ratings showed that Knight Rider averaged a strong 5.0 rating/12 share among adults 18-49 and drew 12.7 million viewers overall from 9 to 11 p.m., building gradually from start to finish.

No movie on television has fared better in the demographic since ABC's Their Eyes Were Watching God in March 2005.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
At 150+ MPG (can't remember the exact number), I'm sure KITT would pass emissions standards anywhere. As for safety standards, bullet proof isn't enough?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
When the film ends and they are about to back KITT out of the plane, I kept thinking, it's either a semi truck or a plane, it was tough to tell. I thought it could have been a plane as a homage to Team Knight Rider, or whatever that short lived series was called.

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
Artistic license. It's similar to how shows have the computer geek pull up newspapers from 20 years ago. It's a wee bit more plausible today, but generally microfilm is still too expensive to digitize.

I didn't even notice them using Google Earth. I though Kitt was obtaining images from spy satellites.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Can someone explain to me how the rating system works. Just because so many people watched doesn't mean that they neccessarily liked it, so how do they know it was a hit based on viewing audience that night?

Derek_J

Stunt Coordinator
"...building gradually from start to finish. " as opposed to losing viewers from start to finish must be one indication.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks