1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Knight Rider movie, pilot for 2008! - Merged!

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nelson Au, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Well-Known Member

I was surprised to see this story at TV Guide.com. And I didn't see it posted after a search.

I guess they are making a new TV Movie and Hasselhoff has a guest role. Looks like the new CGI capability will allow the new KITT to be a transformer too.

I like the choice of car, Mustang Shelby GT500KR. The project is dubious though, but perhaps the new showrunner will do better then to dumb it down like Team Knight Rider.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ight/800029273

2. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Well-Known Member

Apparently KITT just got recast.

From IMDB

Surprised Apple didn't rip Justin Long from Die Hard 4 since he was working on PC's throughout half the movie. [​IMG]

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    Episodes? I thought it was just a movie/pilot try. I'd rather have Doc Holliday than GOB anyway.

4. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Well-Known Member

Isn't William Daniels still around? Why don't they hire him?

5. Peter McM

Peter McM Well-Known Member

I wish they could've gotten William Daniels back.

6. troy evans

troy evans Well-Known Member

After reading what the car can do and seeing the preview, it seems more like a relaunch of Viper than it does Knight Rider. Sometimes I wish they wouldn't remake classics. Some have been good, but, this one seems to be lackluster and forgetable.

7. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

It's morbid to say, but if you were starting production on something you hoped could still be a going concern five or six years from now, would you hire an 80-year-old man?

8. Diallo B

Diallo B Well-Known Member

knightrider, classic. lol....

i enjoyed this very much as a kid. but i can't stomach it as an adult. i even wrote the show when i was a kid and they sent me a david hslhff fan packet. i was only 10 and like wtf!!! i liked the car, not this hairy man!

9. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Well-Known Member

I see the Knight Rider ads here appearing on the HTF. NBC is really serious to relaunch this as a series with all the promotion that's been going on.

I wonder if that was Val Kilmer's voice in the new promos on the NBC Knight Rider site that the ad links to.

10. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    i think this new show is a direct follow up on the original.

actually what i should say is someone on the new show is related to someone on the first show.

11. Alex-A

Alex-A Well-Known Member

Anyone watching this currently? Seems a little weird. I liked the 'theme' music so far, the rest is kinda meh...

12. Diallo B

Diallo B Well-Known Member

the show has some of the best hd i have seen on nbc. theme song was hot.

car is hot. stunts are hot.

acting, pacing and direction is TERRIBLE. i think this show will suffer the same fate as the bionic woman.

no more than ten eps if they don't change the direction really fast.

camp does not work anymore. this is not the eighties.......

13. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Well-Known Member

Given that there are actual Ford commercials featuring KITT it's a little more understandable that GM would object to Job doing the voice.

14. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

It is Val Kilmer voicing Kitt. LOL

15. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

I like it. The camp actually helps it ward off Bionic Woman syndrome, because it doesn't take itself nearly as seriously. And I like Val Kilmer as KITT.

Of course, we get absolutely no idea of what the show would be like. Other than that the women are all terrible actors and Mike isn't particularly great either.

Still, I'd watch the show if it goes to series.

Was that the original theme song with some new shit laid on over the top?

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This is show a weird time warp at times with its cheesiness and updated technology. But I lurve the new "Bonnie" (Sarah), she's almost worth enduring the rest of the show, though the new Mike is a bit on the dopey side, but at least he's not as cheesy as the Hoff.

17. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

I still wanted to see the Hoff leave in the original Kitt. So is this just a pilot movie or are their episodes?

18. Alex-A

Alex-A Well-Known Member

It's a heavily modified version that's reminiscent of the original. It basically retains the same 'beat' fpr lack of a better description, the rest is all new.

But now that I've seen the whole thing, I have mixed feelings about it. I do not think they explained everything properly. It's like they completely ignored the events in the Knight Rider 2000 movie, in which KITT had been dismantled and was brought back and put into Michael's old Chevy, which was then put into the KIFT. Makes little sense to me.

Knight Rider was one of my favorite shows as I was growing up, but I never caught it when it originally aired since I was just born in the year it was created. I caught it weekdays after coming home from school and always enjoyed it and I bought the season DVDs because I enjoyed it so much. I really wanted to enjoy this 'fresh breath' into the series but it'll never be the same and I fear they may have ruined something that should have been left alone.

19. Holadem

Holadem Well-Known Member

I watched the last hour or so with a nostalgic fan (never watched the original myself). She was annoyed most of the time, mostly with the parts where it felt more like "One Tree Hill" than Knight Rider.

I was mostly bored. You could see every single beat of this thing from a mile away, up to and including the cameo. A big "meh".

Kinda makes me thankful for how BSG turned out.

Just a newcomer's perspective.

--
    H

20. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Well-Known Member

The new series is actually a direct sequel to the original series but I disagree about ojne thing. Sarah is not the new Bonnie. I half expected for Michael Hoff (David Hosselhoff) to become the father figure for this new series, taking up Devon Miles place for the new series.