What's new

Andy Kaufman returns! (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Well it could be one of three things:

1. His death was a hoax, and a damn good one at that.
2. This is a hoax being perpetrated by those close to him at his request, perhaps Bob Zmuda.
3. Someone not connected to him at all decided to do this just for fun.

If it is number 1, it'll be the ultimate hoax of all time. 20 years of hiding out like that is pretty hard to do. My guess is it's number 2. After all that stuff he and Bob Zmuda did wtih Tony Clifton I could see them having conspired together to do this.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I don't know what to think... The first "official" pictures of his return feature "him" as Tony Cliffton. It's a little too easy. Maybe it IS Zmuda pulling a prank, but just maybe...

If so, his family and friends owe him 20 years worth of beatings for pulling this shit.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
They had some kind of 'return of Andy Kaufman' night at the House of Blues here on the Sunset Strip. The tickets were really expensive too. Or maybe it's coming up, I can't remember. I heard about it on a local rock station. Anyway I think this is all a gag. The guy is dead.

JamesCB

Second Unit
It's great to see Andy's humor style is still alive. This type of prank seems all Kaufman. Kind of like in the movie, he said he was dying and they all thought it was a joke. He really was a genius, though hard to get.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I don't know much about this gentleman, but faking your death is dizzyingly self absorbed and extremely cruel to your loved ones.

--
H

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

It would be funny if it was induced by Mr. Kaufman himself. Kind of loses a bit, when it's someone else, and you've passed on. Sucks the wit right out of it.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Andy Kaufman is dead. This is not a practical joke, its a cruel, not to mention stupid, hoax to trick a lot of friends and family who now have to bring back and deal with all of those feeling they laid to rest years ago.

Regardless, I really doubt Cedars Sinai Medical Center is going to give out a fake death certificate to devastate his mother for a good laugh.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it's true or not. It's probably a fake, but then again, as Snopes points out, if anyone could do it, Andy Kaufman could.

The real question is, does this mean we'll get an SE of Man on the Moon (possibly with commentary by "Andy Kaufman".

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Even if this was real, I don't think Letterman would have him on his show. Think if one of your good friends died of cancer at 35 and all the grief you would go through during certain moments of your life and then for him to show up 20 years later saying it was a prank? I don't think I would want anything to do with that asshole. I'm sure Lettermen likes ratings, but not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks