What's new

American Dreams Season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
The show is not doing well on Sunday, but NBC's moving it to Wednesday will certainly kill it. This puts the show up against one of the hottest new shows, Lost and American Idol. Worse yet American Idol does huge ratings and would likely draw from the same family oriented audience that might watch American Dreams. Not sure what would be best, but this is not it. I think they are just moving it to kill it, burn off the episodes and yet maintain a slim hope that people might tune in as Lost will likely be repeats in March following the new episodes for Feb Sweeps. We'll see, but it doesn't look good. For what it is worth, write to NBC.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It'll go up against Lost, but American Idol is on at 9 p.m. EST on Wednesdays for the start of the season (but it's on at 8 p.m. EST on Tuesdays).

It's possible that American Idol's Wednesday results show will move to the 8:30 p.m. EST timeslot once the number of contestants have been shed from the show.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It's usually not a good sign when a network starts changing the time slot of an established show. I know that AD was getting beat by the competition on Sunday nights. FWIW, this is the time slot that Ed occupied for most of its run.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator

What should we say to NBC, though? If they really don't have it in their heads to cancel it(which I doubt), I don't want to put it there.

Any suggestions?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link to the petition. I don't know if it will have any influence on NBC, but I am willing to do my part to try keep AD on the air next season.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Thanks Valerie, appreciate the info and link. I was looking at the tv schedule for network tv Sunday night and there wasn't anything on I wanted to see. I miss my American Dreams!!

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
It is extremely sad, but I think American Dreams should change its name to American History because it is done for. Lost will destroy it, and most people will never even be able to find it on their dial. I loved the show, and I just hope that the full series finds its way to DVD.

markc

Grip
The actress who plays Roxanne did a guest appearence this past Friday on 8 Simple Rules...If she has time for this, AD must be done filming for the season...not a good sign

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to everyone who has signed the petition. It is growing steadily each day, I just hope it will make a difference.

I went a step further and sent NBC an email. (I found the email address on their website.) I was very polite, and just asked them to renew it for another season. I said I'm in the targeted age range for the show, and that if it does come back new season, they can be sure I'll be watching it, along with the rest of my family. Oh, and I included a link to the petition. ;)

Once again, I don't know if petitions or emails will make any difference, I doubt they will, but knowing that I have done what I can, well, it just makes me feel a little better.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
3/9/05

What was weird was the juxtaposition for me after watching the Sam-Meg subplot get torn up due to racial pressures, and then flipping over to American Idol, a show based on music performers, and watching how far US society had come in 40 years, where the contestants who made the final 12 were all hugging each other, and it was all about the person and their talent, not their skin color. We still got a ways to go, but you take progress as it comes, rushing it isn't the answer.

Anyhow, my jaw was on the floor at JJ's reaction when Meg brought up the idea of her and Sam dating, and it was truly painful, but also a reflection of the times in 1966.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

Anything less would have been unrealistic to the times. Philadelphia was very much a segregated city in 1966. Though I now live in the Deleware Valley (just north of Philly) I did briefly live in the city in 1965 and remember the very different attitudes of the day.

I wish NBC would, for once, take a chance on a small but loyal viewership of this high quality show. Let's hope that Dick Clarke's health isn't the only variable in their decision (if it hasn't already been made). A run of another year or two would yield fantastic storyline opportunities as '67/'68 were in many ways peak years in social/political changes (2 historic assassinations, a president unwilling to run for a second term, the height of the musical invasion from Britain, major movement from folk to rock and even pop music...).

Joel

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I would really like to see this show continue. This show almost mirrors my high school time. The Meg character is a year older than I was in 1966.

Since I remember this time period so well, I have had some problems with the continuity of songs and rock groups. But overall, I have enjoyed this show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least 3 of the cast are filming pilots for the next TV season, including Gail O'Grady and Will Estes, so I think we will be seeing the final 3 episodes of this fine show in the coming weeks. *sniff*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks