What's new

Amazon Starts Cyber Monday Week Deals (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Most of the deals underwhelm me simply because I'm not interested in them or because I already own those that appeal to me. I may bite on the BD Hitchcock Universal collection at the 50% discount but the criticisms of the set by RAH and others have left a sour taste in my mouth. (EDIT: missed the UK Black Friday sale that would have put this at $80 or so - drat).

Hopefully others will find items that appeal to them at bargain prices.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Brave is a really good deal at $8.96 if you missed it on Thursday or at Walmart. I'm also hoping for a really good price on the Farscape: Complete Series set.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Chris S said:
Brave is a really good deal at $8.96 if you missed it on Thursday or at Walmart. I'm also hoping for a really good price on the Farscape: Complete Series set.
It was still 8.96 at Walmart today and the $6 coupon I think expires today -- so still possible to get 2 copies for $12.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After the purchase I just made, I think I'm done. Between the Black Friday week sales and the pre-Cyber Monday deals this weekend, I've spent enough:
======================================================
Total spent: $69.92
A great deal coming along for Person of Interest on Blu-Ray would get me to bite again, but that's about it. Despite underwhelming headline deals, there's been some really good deals through price matches and what have you. Except for PoI, I basically got everything I'd held off until Black Friday sales for.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is there a calendar for the deals like last week to let you know what's going in sale when?

mark-edk

Second Unit
Go to the 'movies & tv' department and the left hand column has a link to the Holiday calendar.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mark-edk /t/325483/amazon-starts-cyber-monday-week-deals#post_4005704
Go to the 'movies & tv' department and the left hand column has a link to the Holiday calendar.

Thanks, Mark! I was looking for it, too.

HERE'S the direct link.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was hoping Dark Shadows would be $180 or something amazing like that. But they aren't even beating their price for a month or so ago. Same with BSG on blu, I got that for about $90 I believe, about a year or so ago. Awesome set. I'm on season 3 and still lovin' it.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
Thanks, Mark!  I was looking for it, too.
HERE'Shttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=hometheaterforum-20&l=ur2&o=1
the direct link.
Thanks Mark and Mike.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So now the Sherlock Blu-ray collection is going to be $35. I ordered it on Saturday's LD for about $20 more. They've already shipped it and I can't cancel it. :(

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
DavidJ said:
So now the Sherlock Blu-ray collection is going to be $35. I ordered it on Saturday's LD for about $20 more. They've already shipped it and I can't cancel it. :(
Talk to an upper level Customer Service and mention the FUBAR original announcement of 35 that changed to 56 and back to 35. Several people have reported getting a refund
due to the Amazon confusion. Or order the new one and refuse delivery of the old one -- or return it and pay the reverse shipping if you don't feel comfortable with Return to sender..

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did go ahead and order it tonight. I'll contact customer service and see about returning the other one. I have other items in the shipment so that makes refusing the shipment a no go.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I need to just stop. On top of the order I had last night (moved Dollhouse S2 for a lower price and added Homeland S1), I found Lego Batman 2-which I missed out on last week-plus Boss S1 and Constantine.

My first pre-Black Friday box arrived. In this box? About 10 hours of movies (extended LotR and Godfather 1-3).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^
:laugh:
although I think LotR and Godfather will be far more than 10 hours.
My first box came too. I'd forgotten everything I'd ordered but quickly got reminded. whooooa....
*plans pre-Christmas visit to Dollar Tree for family gift shopping* They'll understand...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Radioman970 /t/325483/amazon-starts-cyber-monday-week-deals#post_4006204
^^^
although I think LotR and Godfather will be far more than 10 hours.

Yeah, I was guesstimating, but LotR alone is prolly over 10 hours without extras.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I was able to get the Sherlock collection yesterday and am very happy about that. Great price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks