What's new

Allergy to... *Cold*. (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I am pretty certain at this point that I have developed an allergy to cold. That's right, freaking cold temperatures. It’s a lot less funny than it sounds. The name of this affliction is Cold Urticaria. I intend to see an allergist in the coming weeks of course, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with this.

--
H

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
I have it. First got it about 4 years ago and still get rashes and slightly swollen hands when it's cold, but that's not very frequently in Louisiana. Remember reading it goes away after a few years, but as I said, it's been about 4 for me.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Wow sorry to hear that Frank.

EDIT: Axed long post. TMI on my part... :).

How do you deal with it? Do you take anything?

--
H

StephenA

Screenwriter
Every year when it changes from autumn to winter and winter to spring, and sometimes when it's really cold I'll have coughing fits. Not the same as having a rash, but it becomes a problem sometimes.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont know if i'm alergic to the cold weather.

i do know when it gets cold my skin tends to dry up and crack on my hands and
my nose.

i have been told it's due to the heat in the house effecting my skin, but i'm not so sure.

it doesnt seem to have anything to do with the heat in the house.
as it happens whether or not i have the heater running.

it is serious enough for the skin on the back of my hands to dry and swell a bit and have small cracks that can also bleed alittle.

mylan

Screenwriter

That is just dry skin caused by the low humidity during cold weather and being inside doesn't help either because electric heat is drying as well.
I have to use a mosturizing lotion on my hands or else they will crack.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
What kind of heat do you have Tony? We have forced air and I'm considering getting a whole house humidifier next fall. This is a device which ties into your water lines and basically humidifies the air as it leaves your furnace before it goes to the ducts. You have to find a good installer and make sure you find a product with good monitors/sensors though... you don't want to be sending too damp air into your ducts and having them fill up with mildew/mold!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks