What's new

All I want for Christmas..... (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Since my 4805 blew up on me back in October i've been dying without my HT :frowning:, i'd love to have the Sony 60" KOS60A3000 but that ain't gonna happen, at least not for xmas, i'll have to work on getting that on my own after the first of the year.

I told my dad i'd love a BR player but had second thoughts, having a BR player in the house when I can't use it would drive me up a wall.

Anyhoo, I already know what i'm getting from all my friends for the most part and i'll have a very merry Christmas regardless. :cool:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I already made a donation to my favorite charity...Toy Guns For Tots. :D

You guys know your Sledge, i'm impressed. :emoji_thumbsup: :laugh: I know you were talking to drobbins but I can't resist responding when I see a Sledge-ism being used. ;)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

That's an awesome lens, Scott. I've got the non-IS version. I love it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I really debated buying that non-IS version versus the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS when I originally bought my Canon dSLR (the IS version of the 200mm L zoom was not out then). The combination of image stabilization and extra reach won out (barely) over the quality of L lens for me at the time, with the IS being the overriding factor -- I like to shoot handheld whenever possible.

The new lens arrived a couple days ago. This morning was the first time I was home during daylight hours, so I gave it a test spin outside. I'm very pleased with the few shots I took. Even with my Kenko 1.4x teleconverter attached, the images still look slightly better than my existing 70-300mm IS lens that this will be replacing. Without the teleconverter, the image quality is really a step up in color and sharpness, and the lens focuses better, too. So, I will not lose any reach over my old lens, and gain significant quality improvements without the teleconverter attached (which will be most of the time).

Now, I need to find a buyer for the 70-300 lens. :)

Jim_F

Screenwriter

Thanks! It's a satin white '08 Subaru Legacy GT with a nice array of options. It's a sweet combo of speed, comfort and safety. I'm grinnin'!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
About 10 million US dollars in small, unmaked bills would do just fine.

If not that, it'd be nice to have my MINI back, she's been in the shop for over a month and no word on when I'll be able to get back behind the wheel.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Realistically....

I pretty much have all of the electronic and computer equipment I want (well, maybe a better tuner card for my HTPC). All I really want for Christmas is to take it easy and enjoy down time with my wife, son and his fiancee, and to catch two or three flicks before going back to work Jan. 2.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'm already getting the Bladerunner 5-disc Briefcase from Deep Discount.

I would like:

The High Definition DVD format war to be over.

The Detroit Lions to win another game! I think Scott and Brandon would agree with me there!

Ohio State to win a bowl game against a SEC team.

A Sony XBR5 TV and a Sony upconverting player.

Jim_F

Screenwriter

Not a Spec B, just the GT with the 5 speed electronic automatic tranny. It should still make 0-60 in under 6 sec, maybe even 5.5. It's got sportshift and paddle shifters but I haven't had a chance to play with those much yet.

She's definitely a Subaru. I was on my way home from work this AM when the driver 2 cars in front of me hit some black ice while attempting a right turn and became lodged in the snow bank. The car in front of me skidded sideways. Now I was on the black ice. I had to hop the curb, plow through the snow bank and 20 feet up onto the "grass" (covered by 8" of snow) I was able to drive back onto the roadway, no collision and apparently no harm done. Whew!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have the 5EAT Auto Tranny in my Outback XT which has the same engine but in the wagon w/ clearance form. Its nice, but it suffers from a bit of turbo stutter in 5th at highway crusing speeds and around 2500RPM... You may notice/feel the turbo stuttering deciding whether it should kick in or not. And kick in it does, it's really a screamer if you let the turbo in but it's not as smooth as some of the more expensive Turbo'ed engines from other Japanese mfgrs... The Sportshift is fun though for sure...

Jay

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Were you referring to drobbins' "World Peace" and my "parole violators" response? I've watched Sledgehammer before but wasn't aware that was a Sledge-ism -- I was referencing Miss Congeniality, where each beauty pageant contestant gave the stock answer of wanting world peace, but our heroine wanted harsher penalties.

As for cars, I have a basic Mitsubishi Lancer (called a Mirage in the US, I think), but it sure would be nice to get an Evolution...

WayneEA

Grip
To talk to my brother, my brother came back from Iraq this summer. I was there for his homecoming, I gave him a hug and welcomed him home. It seems now he doesnt anything to with his family. Its tearing my mom and I up.
God bless everyone and have a nice holiday everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks