What's new

Alien vs. predator (from the digital bits) (1 Viewer)

MichaelPR

Second Unit
pta of RE fame sucks but I found this movie to be cream chesse and enjoyed it for the crap that it was.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Please... Obviously Fox is releasing a single disc in January, with minimal extras and a DTS track. Then a 2 disc R rated Director's Cut a few months later. Stop the madness!

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
Paul W.S. Anderson said the same thing about RE, I wouldn't hold my breath for a release of AvP. It's even been reported that most of the stuff from the script was filmed and in the movie. But alas he marrying the Alice from RE, he got be doing something right :D

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe

Ah, yes, you're correct.

I do mean PWS Anderson.

Now, really, poor PT Anderson, I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to be mistaken for the auteur behind 'Mortal Kombat.'

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
What I don't understand is what is the hatred for Paul WS Anderson? EVENT HORIZON was quite good. One of the biggest surprises in recent years. RESIDENT EVIL was a lot of fun as well. SOLDIER wasn't awful. SHOPPING was good. (I didn't see MORTAL or AVP or his British TV film that got some good reviews).

It seems Harry Knowles has a personal problem with him so he bashes him a lot, and a lot of his AICN followers are convinced he is one of the worst out there, but when you actually look at his filmography, he is one of the better multiplex filmmakers.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't understand why this always happens. The director always talks about releasing a "director's cut" with lots of "extra footage" that was "cut from the theatrical release." Then later, the studio says "there was not really any footage cut, nothing extra exists."

Is it really so hard to be on the same page? Either it exists or it doesn't. Why does one side feel the need to lie about it? But it seems to happen on a regular basis.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll pick up the dvd. After all, I saved $20+ not seeing it in the theater so to drop $15 or so on the dvd is no big deal. It looks fun.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Simple, studios want to forego the usual Internet consumer demand for an alternate version release!

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I for one enjoyed AvP and will buy it when released however I'd be mighty pissed if there was a DC of the film released later. FOX needs to be more upfront on multiple releases (like Columbia.....wait, did I just compliment that studio???)

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
That AICN's Harry Knowles doesn't like Anderson tends to be a plus for the fellow....

However, I thought 'Soldier' was a wasted oppourtunity for a good film (though I didn't have a problem with all of Anderson's direction) and 'kombat' was not as bad as 'Street Fighter.'

My problem with Anderson is these director's cuts of his--I never saw 'Event Horizon,' waiting for the director's cut . . . which hasn't appeared and some say doesn't exist. I didn't see 'AVP' for the same reason, except everyone but Anderson is saying no extra footage exists...

I suppose I'll rent AVP when it comes out...

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't waste time waiting for a DC of this...there's no extra footage to be re-inserted. Anderson pretty much filmed his script exactly as he wrote it. I don't know WHY he started talking all that "Fox chopped up my movie" stuff, but it's unfair of him to a) place the blame on the studio for his sanitized vision of Alien vs Predator b) lead the fans to believe that the REAL version of the movie is sitting around waiting to be reassembled somewhere.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This was one of the biggest disappointments this year for me. A rental, maybe, as a director's cut. But a purchase? Of the crap I watched in the theater? No thanks.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
For those of you who haven't seen the movie, I HIGHLY recommend renting it instead of making a blind buy. That even goes for Alien and/or Predator fans, as there is not much in the movie that you will like, since it pretty much tosses the mythology of both characters out the window. And even for general audiences, I honestly think there's a really, really good chance that you won't like it. Personally, the only way I'll ever watch this again is if a director's cut is released, but even then I'll rent, not buy.
Another good reason to not buy? It's FOX, and there will be inevitably be a Special Edition down the road (ala Club Dread, Man on Fire, I,Robot).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks