What's new

A List Of Short Lasting or Obscure Shows Not Yet on DVD (1 Viewer)

Joel Stein

Stunt Coordinator
Me And The Chimp
Lancelot Link - Secret Chimp
Holmes and Yoyo

Yeah, I know, all notoriously bad. But I'd like to see them again out of morbid curiousity. Plus, I like chimps (and robots).

Steven_F

Grip
Short lived & obscure:
Otherworld 1985

Only 8 episodes aired, but it is rumored 13 were made (5 never aired). I think Universal has the rights to this show, but I am not sure. There is one episode that might have problems on DVD because of music rights.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
How about "Peaceful Kingdom" (Lindsay Wagner)? Aired in '89. I think 13 eps were produced (TV.COM lists 12) and, I think, only 6 were aired.

OT: How about a :thumbsdown: for TV.COM? Under the listing for P.K., it says "Lindsay Wagner's only TV series" . Oh, the pain :angry: (Bionic Woman fans, unite :D )

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

If you are multi-region, then this is already out in Australia and available from EzyDVD.com.au. 24 episodes on four discs.

Despite being an Australia release, this is apparently in NTSC rather than the expected PAL (at least, according to EzyDVD's product info page).

LCD22

Screenwriter
The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd - what was that show about? Bob Brush was a writer and producer on this series, and being a fan of his work ("The Wonder Years" and "Early Edition") I was wondering if this show was ever in syndication? I don't remember it.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I would enjoy seeing "Tales of the Gold Monkey" I don't remembe much about it other than that I watched it as a kid because it was the only show on TV like Indiana Jones (which obviously had inspired its creation).

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Now and Again (1999-2000) Eric Close, Dennis Haysbert
M.A.N.T.I.S (1994)
Max Headroom (
Key West (1993) Fisher Stevens
The Byrds of Paradise (1994) Timothy Busfield, Seth Green

And there are others.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Now that Growing Pains is out, I'm hoping Warner Bros. will check out its spinoff Just The Ten Of Us, with Bill Kirchenbauer as Coach Ernie Lubbock, Deborah Harmon as his wife Elizabeth, and their eight kids. This was one of the "TGIF" shows that ABC used on Fridays circa 1990. Since there are only 47 shows, one or two sets can be made from this. Did I mention that Dennis Haysbert was in the cast and Bill Medley sang the theme song?

Paramount should consider Mel Brooks' When Things Were Rotten, and the Emmy-winning He & She. I think Sony may own Hot L Baltimore, but I'm not sure. Who has the rights to Camp Runamuck? I saw it rerun years ago on Nick At Nite and loved it! The fact that it was one of the earliest color sitcoms should help!

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Now that Growing Pains is out, I'm hoping Warner Bros. will check out its spinoff Just The Ten Of Us, with Bill Kirchenbauer as Coach Ernie Lubbock, Deborah Harmon as his wife Elizabeth, and their eight kids. This was one of the "TGIF" shows that ABC used on Fridays circa 1990. Since there are only 47 shows, one or two sets can be made from this. Did I mention that Dennis Haysbert was in the cast and Bill Medley sang the theme song?

Paramount should consider Mel Brooks' When Things Were Rotten, and the Emmy-winning He & She. I think Sony may own Hot L Baltimore, but I'm not sure. Who has the rights to Camp Runamuck? I saw it rerun years ago on Nick At Nite and loved it! The fact that it was one of the earliest color sitcoms should help!

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
The big 5:

1. Frank's Place 1987-8
2. Max Headroom 1987-8
3. Police Squad 1982
4. When Things Were Rotten 1975
5. Quark 1978

John*P

Second Unit
Count me in for wanting Max Headroom as well! I didn't mention that one in my last post in this thread.

Also, after watching the Larry Alder episodes of Diff'rent Strokes from the first two DVD sets, I now want to see Hello Larry! on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks