What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Mummy Returns -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I recall reading a draft of the original 1999 Mummy screenplay just as it was going into production, and was amazed at how few pages were involved. There just wasn't a great deal of paper.

I didn't quite get it at the time, but that fact spoke volumes.

The Mummy is a fun film. Released just in time for summer, it had a nice world-wide gross, which naturally created the need for...

a sequel.

The Mummy Returns was released literally two years later, and continued the mayhem, but with even less of a script.

Does it matter?

Probably not.

As The Mummy Returns is, pure and simple, one of those summertime roller-coaster blockbusters.

What's important is that Universal has created a gorgeous Blu-ray disc, assumedly based upon the same master used for the HDs.

Everything about the disc perpetuates the visual and aural standards set by its predecessor, and that means gorgeous colors, rich blacks and just enough detail in the effects to make things work.

The Mummy Returns is Recommended. The quality is in place, making it a safe purchase on Blu-ray.

RAH

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I agree, the disc looks and sounds fantastic. I just finished up both films and am ready to go see #3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks