1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Schindler's List -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Supporter

Robert Harris
    While one might hope, and even presume, that a major Steven Spielberg production would look glorious on Blu-ray, things are not always written.Fortunately, in the case of Universal's Schindler's List, our hopes are justified by one of the most startlingly beautiful Blu-rays of the year.A perfect film from an extraordinary production team, and a superb job by Universal.No more need be said.And before anyone asks, the little girl in the red raincoat is the same girl as seen in Don't Look Now...Image - 5Audio - 5Very Highly Recommended, and could not be recommended more highly!RAH

battlebeast and ManW_TheUncool like this.
  2. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Definitely will be picking this up at some point. I wanted to wait for a price drop, but I have really been in the mood to watch this lately.

3. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Screenwriter

Luke J. Chung
    Universal's Michael Daruty did a truly wonderful job of restoring the lustre of this movie's beautiful, yet stark, cinematography...I have to agree with RAH's unreserved recommendation for what has to be the ne plus ultra of Spielberg's prodigious film catalog!!! :thumbsup:

4. Peter Neski

Peter Neski Supporting Actor

great Picture ! extras are lame at best,nothing new,

5. Will*B

Will*B Supporting Actor

Will*B
    It's such a shame there aren't any new extras; I would love to see a definitive documentary about the production.

I can understand Spielberg's reasoning, but it's still frustrating that one of the most beautiful examples of filmmaking from the last 30 years isn't documented from a technical level, as well as an emotional one.

Still - it's the film that counts, and I can't wait to finally see it in HD.

6. battlebeast

battlebeast Screenwriter

Warren
    I don't wish to argue with, and I certainly respect, your mood at the time, but I don't see how ANYONE could be "in the mood" to watch this film.

7. battlebeast

battlebeast Screenwriter

Warren
    While I would love to see bonus features on this film, too, I understand Spielberg's reasoning behind it... to a point. You can still tell about the production of the film without dishonoring the memory of the people or what happend.

8. Robin9

Robin9 Screenwriter

Robin
    I know exactly what you mean but your point can be argued the other way round: this film can only be watched if one is in the appropriate mood. It sure as hell is not a film for casual viewing.

battlebeast likes this.
  9. Dr Griffin

Dr Griffin Screenwriter

Stanley
    No matter how many times I watch movies/shows on this subject, I well-up with anger and outrage, something I do not enjoy by any means. I think I understand the point, that you know what you are in for with this film, and there may be considerations that don't come into play if you are sitting down to watch the average drama.

10. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

I think a better way to phrase this would be "in the appropriate frame of mind" to watch the film. I do not wish to speak for anyone, but that is probably what Dave meant when he posted that almost three years ago.

battlebeast likes this.
  11. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    I understand the point being expressed here -- but good lord, I have to be in the right mood to watch ANY movie.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  12. battlebeast

battlebeast Screenwriter

Warren
    All good points. I agree.

13. Martino

Martino Supporting Actor

Martin O.