1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

$50 Computer Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by tagerrung, Sep 28, 2006.

1. tagerrung

tagerrung Member

Hey guys, my friend is looking for some speakers anywhere between 50-80 dollars (80 would be pushing it), he says he'd prefer to have 5.1, but is fine with 2.1.....i figure he should just get a 2.1 since ive never heard of a decent suround system in that price range

Hes not much of an audiophile and he wants it to be able to get loud...so i guess itd be better to get some loud, mid-quality speakers...he mainly uses them for music and movies....probably more for music

2. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Well-Known Member

This is probably not going to happen to your satisfaction in your particular budget range. For $70 on Newegg, you can get the Altec Lansing VS4221, which has been fairly decent when I've heard them at the Best Buy store near my house. These are probably your best bet, or at least they probably won't sound bad when pushed hard.

This topic would have been best in the Home Theater PC area, or in the multimedia section of a computer enthusiasts' forum.

3. GregC

GregC Well-Known Member

Tell your friend to pony up $45 on EBay for the Cambridge Soundworks Soundworks computer speakers. Well reviewed 2.1 system. Just do a search on Soundworks then click on the Computer category to narrow the results. Won't do better in this price range.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt Well-Known Member

Wayne
    I nominate the Yamaha YST-MS50. See my review at the link in my signature.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt