What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love the idea of them planning things out but I think that it could result in the show moving slower than most people are used to (since S4, S5 and S6 moved like rockets because they just kept making it up as they went along- which worked out fairly well until last year). I'm assuming that they will have bigger stories that play out over a longer period of time and there won't be a new threat or mission every 2 or 3 or 4 episodes. That being said, I wouldn't mind it at all if they 'slowed things down' but I think it could turn some viewers off.

Louis C

Supporting Actor

Yeah, if it's slower pace as the trade-off for better writing, give me slower pace every time. You have to change the pace if you want the action sequences to have any real dramatic impact. S4 is a perfect example of that technique working, and S6 is what happens when you don't build up to it.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I think S5 kind of screwed over the writers too, because they killed off pretty much every character anyone cared about that year, so S6 didn't have that much of a shot.

Even still, they should have been able to make the audience care about the new characters by the end of the season.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i think they need to pace it a bit similar to heroes in that payoffs are nearer to one another instead of at the very very very end.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Aren't they "nearer to one another," if they are all at the "very very very end?" In fact they are so near each other, they are at the same time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Aint It Cool posted a link to a trailer for the prequel movie which is now titled 'Exile'.

B2 Studios

Except for the voice over guy, it looks pretty damn cool (especially with the music from Requiem For A Dream playing under it).

EDIT: The trailer has apparently been removed from that link.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Wow, that trailor looks great - but damn, that voice-over guy has got to go!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So the movie takes place between the past season and the upcoming season?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I think that the voiceover guy is bad because this wasn't actually meant for release anywhere. It seems to me at least that this is just an unfinished trailer that the advertising guys or whatever wanted to get approved before they had anyone do the voiceover for real.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I found the vid typing the following into a popular video site's(*) search engine "24 Exile".

(* You remember that popular quote: "Tu be or not Tu be? that is the question.")

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Did anyone see the rumor about Julia Roberts possibly guest starring this season?

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
What is the status of "24"? I saw an ad for Redemption but did not see when it was coming on.

I gave up on this series a couple of seasons ago, but the ad for this year looked interesting.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
"Redemption" airs on Sunday, November 23rd on Fox. An extended, unrated edition will be released on DVD a couple days later, on Tuesday, Nov. 25th.

As for when season seven will begin, sometime mid-January, though I'm not sure if they've set a specific date yet.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

No word on Bluray? It'd sort of suck to have to have the shorter and probably censored version if you want to watch in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks