What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 6 - 12/03/02 (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Lemme guess, they'll forget to check the fuel gauge.
Nah...they'll have to go to the hospital again, the little girl still is not ok. I bet the mother is in the trunk. They'll end up stupidly wrecking the car somehow and be back on foot.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I bet the mother is in the trunk.
Oh my god! :eek: That's right! The last time we saw her was at the house when she was going to come to the hospital, and he came back and stared at her.
These threads are gona be the end of our 24's enjoyment because with all the guesses, someone is bound to be right, and so it's like spoilers.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoy this show almost too much. My mind races wildly during these episodes and everytime they showed the outside of the vehicle they were using to transport Nina or when they showed Jack or Miller just drinking water I suddenly thought Nina's associates were going to bust her out. But then common sense prevailed and I realized that would require a mole and the show "been there, done that" last season.

Using the same rationale I doubt we'll see a terrorist mole on the President's staff. We already went through the who's the traitor plotline extensively last year. I think that's why the writers are now giving us this opposition in the Cabinet plot. Palmer will have to worry about who he can trust, but it has nothing to do with the terrorists. It's about politics and nothing else.

Also, it looks like the ratings edged upwards a little bit this week. Zap2it shows a 6.5/10 for the overnights.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Everyone agree that Lady MacPalmer is a spy sent by Rayburn (I think that was his name)?

Everything she related was info someone had given her, she even kept saying she'd have to get back to "her sources" whenever Palmer asked her any question. And gee, her sources just happen to know what Rayburn knew. When Rayburn was dismissed there was only one person who he knew could get into the secure facility and be "trusted" enough to remain there to spy on Palmer. They both are in the "I'm undermining you to improve your position" school of thought.

I hope Palmer is smart enough to have someone listen in to his ex-wife's "secure phone line" so they can quickly learn she is spying against them. I was shocked he didn't toss her out immediately.

Where is Palmer's underground vacation spot supposed to be? Is it in LA too? Or is it Camp David area?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I thought that the boyfriend simply thought that kicking might be safer than trying to punch. Besides, he's a young man, he's probably seen The Matrix.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Or perhaps, like millions of other people, he's had a little martial arts training...

It was surprising, but not unbelievable...

James T

Screenwriter
I thought the episode was pretty good. I'm starting to like the Reza storyline ever since Tony showed up. I think Reza is as clean as they come. If anything, he's probably the target or one of the main reasons why the nuke's in LA.

As for Kim, her storyline is pointless so for. That kid is real annoying..."my head hurts" ..."I changed my mind"...I hope Kim, her "hispanic" boyfriend and Megan end up dead by the end of the season. Then in Season three, Jack is a one-man army hunting terrorists...show is then renamed to The Jack Bauer Power Hour.

On to Jack/Nina. I loved Nina in Season 1, and was just waiting for her return in Season 2. I don't think Jack will kill her, he needs her.

PREDICTIONS
It's known that Kim gets pulled over by the cops. Best guess is that Megan's mom is in the trunk dead. Murderers flee to Mexico, not child abusers.
That leads to a bigger mess than what happened near the end of Season ONE with the drug bust.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Morgan,

Could you explain your sig? Looks cool.
Kaworu is a seventeenth angel of Neon Genesis Evangelion.
There is a 26 episode TV series, out on 8 R1 volumes, as well as Death & Rebirth movie and a revised, bigger budget ending The End of Evangelion movie, also out on DVD. See my anime collection.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Maybe when season 2 DVD is released we will have an option to watch it without any of the Kim sub-plot. Maybe we will find out Marie is related to Kim some where down the road cause she's just as stupid. Since I TiVo 24 I might just start fast forwarding thru all the Kim scenes, they are just to painful to watch.

kevitra

Second Unit
So after questioning Reza, the let him go because he says he didn't do it. Yeah, that was real...Lets not keep a potential terrorist in custody. He said he didn't do it, so it must be true (I don't think he is involved much, but to let him go?)

I see an A.P.B. on a blue Lexus in the near future. Or just use OnStar like they did in the beginning of the series and find it stuck in LA traffic.

It has been enjoyable, but the Kim part really, really needs to go. Maybe the writers will actually have her get out of LA? Could we be that lucky?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yea, you'd think Kim would be suspicious of using his car, since he found her so quick the first time.

I still think Palmer should corral all Iraqi diplomats in LA, if he thinks they're aiding the terrorists.

Also, he should have demanded that Sherry reveal her source at the Pentagon, before letting her 'help'. Otherwise he should have placed her under house arrest in the compound, like they did the news guy.

On the previous episode, when they said there was something on the TV, (right after Kim tells Miguel), I was expecting it to be news leaked out about the nuke.

James T

Screenwriter
So after questioning Reza, the let him go because he says he didn't do it. Yeah, that was real...Lets not keep a potential terrorist in custody. He said he didn't do it, so it must be true (I don't think he is involved much, but to let him go?)
They didn't let him go. The CTU guard watching the door is still there, remember? He just wants to talk to the father, one-on-one. The one-on-one talk is so you the father's side of the story untouched. If Reza is in the room with the father, they'll jump out at each other's sentences. You need two seperate stories and then you can go from there to a joint interview if you want.

How feasible is it that the police/hospital would really believe that Kim kidnapped the little girl, and was the source of abuse? Yeah, the mother with the black eye that comes in to corroborate should do. Or is it that the father is just bluffing because he knows Kim is too stupid to figure it out?

I mean, teenage girl brings little girl with head injuries to the anti-terrorist building where her father works, but she had kidnapped her and has been abusing her?

Seems too far out there for me and a waste of airtime.

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe if we're lucky Kim will get killed off at the end of this season so Jack will have more reasons for some kind of revenge for season 3...

Did anyone else see Elisha on the cover of Maxim magazine? Maybe we need to look at that while watching the show as an antidote....

I've had a hard time getting into this season, but this last episode Jack was really getting scary--looking forward to the next one now...

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched the first season so I've got a few questions for y'all.
1. What's with the nickname for the president's ex? Almost all of you use it, is it a Macbeth reference or something? Obviously she's a conniving bitch who cares more about her own desires than the lives of millions of people. I don't know anything about Macbeth, but I think I've seen similar references before.

2. These blonde sisters, did they show up in the first season at all? Are there any ties to any of the other characters?

I found it strange that Tony turned his attention to the father so quickly, you'd think he'd be a bit suspicious. It seems odd that someone would so quickly believe a white American has ties to Islamic terrorists and is using an Arabic Muslim to cover for him.

I can't believe the president would waste so much time with his wife when all this stuff is going on. Once he told her about the nuke she should have quickly volunteered everything she knew and offered to help. Desparate times call for desparate measures, Jack sees it, the others should too. Granted the president had that member of the press held, he should have done the same with his former staffer and his wife if necessary. He shouldn't be concerned with any of the repercussions of such actions, he needs to do everything possible to stop the nuke.

And finally, Kim is stupid. I just had to add that. I agree with the others here, she does have nice taste in shirts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks