What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 23 - 5/18/04 (1 Viewer)

Roger_R

Second Unit
That's almost how they do it here in Norway to be able to show it continously. They start with the first two episodes on Sunday evening and the third the next day (Monday). Then they continue with the fourth episode the Monday after that and so on.
It's also the only series that begins in June, and when they reach the 9th. episode, they show the first 8 the weekend before. Easy to see it's one of the most expensive shows a TV-station can buy :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Stupid Stupid Stupid.

They better find a damn good lead in on Monday nights at 8:00

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick, use DirecTV, get an HDTiVo and watch both in HD. :D That's what I'll be doing.

Actually by next Jan., maybe they'll be some other simple HD recording options. Maybe. Can't wait 'till FOX goes 720p.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
After three years to build a following, and with its budget and cast, if 24 is still reliant on a lead-in, one could argue that it's not justifying its existence. The initial story on Zap2It actually had 24 at 8pm acting as a lead-in to a new show (which makes more sense to me).

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I don't see how that can be said. There are plently of great shows that are on the bubble in ratings. If a show is highly acclaimed, actually intelligent or irrerveratly hilarious that usually equals low ratings. 24, I believe was down in the ratings from season 2 until the American Idol lead in kicked in. I'm just worred that the move will hurt the shows ratings and we all know what that means. I'm just so sick of these networks trying to fix what isn't broke.
Need I remind people of a couple of little shows called "Family Guy" and "Futurama" that were killed because of schedule changes (Futurama used to do pretty well in the ratings for the breif time it followed "The Simpsons"). I know "24" is not going thought the "God Knows What" kind of changes. I have heard rumblings that Kiefer wants to do a movie in New Zealand. That may explain the Jan. start. But moving to Monday, I'm just not feeling it.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

Now that I've added a second HD PC card to my computer I can watch three competing HDTV programs. Make that four once my local Comcast puts their HD DVR in my grubby hands. :b

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Maybe "not justifying its existence" is harsh, but how long should one show "carry" another? American Idol could hypothetically be used to boost a new show every year, but 24 by now should be steady enough to be giving other shows a boost.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

I guess I'm wrong, but I would have thought that Fox wouldn't want to put 24 up against the NCAA championship game in April. I know it's just one episode, but it would be nice if they took that week off.

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator

When Wayne and the professional thief were entering Sherry's house, I saw a video camera above the door pointed right at them. I doubt it will play a role in the next episode, though.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I've never understood lead-ins. I'd never watch a show just because it followed one I was watching. Do people actually do this? Are they too lazy to hit the remote? I could see this 30 years ago maybe when there were three stations and no remote but not now.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Also, you're getting hit with promos for what's on next while you watch. Obviously, this is becoming less of a factor as more people record and time-shift, but there's still a certain amount of intertia for a lot of people.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
OK..I saw Sherry get shot and then the cut to Jack running somewhere then...BANG...(DAMN american idlol running long)...my VCR switched to the 10 PM show.

What did I miss..what did Jack say?

BTW..same thing last week..I missed what Saunders said when on the ground.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Incidentally, the actress who plays Chloe has a regular role on Kelsey Grammer's new sketch comedy show next season, so I don't know how much of Chloe we'll be seeing after this year.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it is - those CTU scenes could have seemed awful dry without Chloe around.

I'm guessing that The Sketch Show won't start filming until close to its premiere, though, so we might see her at the start of the season and have her check out after six hours or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks