What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 22 - 5/11/04 (1 Viewer)

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Good episode. Just hope they don't leave this season the way they left season 2 -- Palmer gets infected, then fast forward a few years to begin season 3. They never bothered to tie up the loose ends.

Roger_R

Second Unit
"Just hope they don't leave this season the way they left season 2 -- Palmer gets infected, then fast forward a few years to begin season 3." - Didn't he have some health problems at the beginning of this season because of the infection? or did they completely forget that...
Maybe he gets a heart attack and dies during the final minute. It's 24 after all :)

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
The reason they didn't move on Michelle's cell phone location was because they didn't control the area. They had ironclad control of the 6th street bridge.

Kinda weird that two people were trying to track Michelle down but 5 minutes later you had enough personnel to fill 3 full sized SUVs.

OT

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
As much as I loved the F-18s blowing the crap out of the helicopter, I think my favorite moment in this episode was Palmer giving that look to Wayne, signaling that he wasn't gonna take any more crap from Sherry. Brilliant acting, and he didn't even have to say a word.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

That Palmpilot was likely hooked up to a computer that was gathering info from cameras or heat sensitive cameras that he'd placed on the roof of his building. I don't think it was tapped into any satellite network, just to some local sensors that he installed himself. So it didn't work anywhere else.

That's my guess.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Pretty Easy Solution, all the have to do is sting him and then all Palmer has to say is, "If I go down, you go down." Come to think of it, there must be cameras in that building where Palmer is. Maybe even audio as well. Maybe they could find evidence of Keeler trying to blackmail Palmer right under their noses.

Oh, I forgot, remember when CTU was instructing Jack on how to intercept Tony and I think Adam said "He's in traffic on Wilshire, you might be able to catch him...." and then the next shot showed Tony crusing down the road with hardly another car in sight.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
He just has evidence of evidence :) You need the actual bottle with Sherry's prints, which Sherry must have, since they're going after it.

The F-18s were a cool one-up on the chopper, and had a True Lies feel to me. (I'll take your machine gun on a chopper and raise you one Sidewinder....) Too bad they couldn't end the season on that high note. The tension during the exchange was good too. I was thinkin' Michelle should be ready to do a sidestep or T.J. Hooker should the shooting start.

Since Jack/Tony forced the location change, Saunders may not have been able to get the new location on his Gameboy. Of course, there was also the problem of him not staking out the phone booth, but maybe that would have strained the already implausible number of henchmen he has.

Chloe is a riot.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
It seems to me the writers/producers went through great pains to keep Michelle alive. I'm guessing (and hoping) she'll have a starring role next season.

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
Great ending made up for a lot of contrived nonsense. The only pity is that Tony didn't catch a stray bullet. When he was arguing with Jack I couldn't help but picture him wearing a diaper and holding a rattle. Be creeped out by Chloe all you want but, unlike Tony, she takes her responsibilities seriously.

DennyH

Grip
Unlike some others, I think Tony was the highlight of the show last nite. Its too bad Psycho Jack got his way anyway. The writing was full of holes but it was probably the most action packed episode.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I thought it pulled together a lot of messy stuff from the week before - could even empathize with Tony when he called Jack on his double standards.

I kinda felt Saunder's daughter was not going to want to go with her Dad.

Anyway, Saunders is flat on his back, and most of his minions have been shot, but methinks the mindermast still has something up his sleeve.

If the wider release of the virus is on auto-pilot, then there definitely has to be an antidote for there to be a happy ending.

I didn't like the looks of the dude Little Palmer has brought in to get the pill bottle.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Exactly. At his original location, Saunders had complete control, including infrered sensors (most likely). Now he's on the run, plus he's having to improvise to get his daughter back. On top of that Jack forced him to change the exchange location. CTU grabbing Jane was the 1st in a series of events that set Saunders back on his heels, and put CTU in control, resulting in his capture.

All exactly as Jack planned it. They don't call it the "Jack Bauer Power Hour" for nothing. :D

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Good episode. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jolly nice of Saunders to leave Michelle with her mobile phone though...

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Really, I thought he had a walkie-talkie - what was he doing with a 'phone too?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Any evil genius who knows that all air travel around Los Angeles has been restricted who chooses a helicopter as his back-up escape vehicle deserves to have it hit by a missile. :)

Regards,

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, he'd already rented the thing; if he didn't use it, that's a good chunk of the Master Plan budget down the tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks