What's new

12/07/07: Wal-mart A2 A3 and PS3 secret sale specials (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like it's going to be hit or miss when it comes to finding A2s at Wal-Marts, some will have them, some will not.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Looks like Amazon's promotion is gone now. Maybe they'll be doing something different for Friday?

London Lawson

Second Unit
Well I called again and a manager told me the info had just came down and yes every store will be getting a minimum of 5.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
According to the list of specials, Wal-mart had 24000 of the A2/A3 units amongst all their stores, but it didn't list the ratio between the 2 models.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I thought I read somewhere that the A3 is capable of passing 7.1-ch audio via HDMI, whereas the A2 can only pass max 5.1-ch audio--in part because the HDMI in the A2 is only 1.2, while the A3's HDMI is 1.3.

I'm not stating any of this as absolute fact...just what I read elsewhere. Feel free to correct me w/ the right info if necessary... ;)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Surprised no one mentioned this, they also had a 50" Vizio Plasma for $998, my store had 2, my wife got there @ 7:45am, she was 4th in line, we got one of the two they had, don't think you can beat a 50" plasma for under $1k.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
My local store sold NONE of the more expensive players...had a bunch left.

Budd Lake...07828 for thise who wanna drive!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I stopped by a Wal Mart near work (at Highland Ave / Hwy 330 in San Bernardino) today and wandered around the electronics department for about 10 minutes and saw no HD-DVD or Blu-Ray players at all. I found an employee and asked him if they had carried any HD-DVD players and he told me that they did not other than the X-Box add on drive and the Play Station 3. I didn't see a single HD-DVD or Blu-Ray disc in that store either for that matter.

Oh well... it looks like Amazon.com has better deals today anyway.

E

Eric Kahn

I went to one of the local walmarts on friday and no one was there, I could have bought everything, but I bought the Toshiba A2 and a gateway laptop for my brother

I asked why there where no Toshiba's on display the they told me that walmart does not carry the Toshiba usually and that they just had them for the sale

the movies i got with it at the store where

Transformers
Happy feet
the Italian job
Shreck 3
and the Imax Blue Planet thing

now I have to mail order the other 5 movies

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks