What's new

10 Items or Less (1 Viewer)

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
Him (Morgan Freeman) is a popular actor who hasn’t worked in 4 years. In preparation for an upcoming role, Mr. or should I say Sir Him spends the day in a little off the beaten path grocery store. Here Himmie observes those in every department trying to pick up on their every movement. This is where the Himmiester meets a feisty smart Penelope Cruz look-alike cashier named Scarlet (Paz Vega) who handles the 10 items or less checkout lane. She baffles him I mean Him on her I don’t mean Her ability to know what her customers are they’re to buy better then they do. Him decides to work with Scarlet for the remainder of the day. From here, his research goes on the back burner as he focuses on helping Scarlet get out of her rut, which she equally tries to do for him.

Morgan basically plays himself (shocking). He is the lead actor and the executive producer. As usual, he is enjoyable to see on the screen especially when he mimics the employees or offers his all-knowing witty advice to Scarlet. Paz Vega is too beautiful to believably work at that grocery store but it almost works and once she and Morgan start their mini road trip that flaw becomes a memory.

This felt like an extension of Morgan’s appearance on Inside the Actors Studio with James Lipton. It’s just a Day hanging out with Morgan doing what he normally does, learning through observing with a little side story thrown in to pass the time. Nothing wrong with it especially if you like him like so many including myself do but hardly worth a trip to the theater. It’s hard to imagine this as anything other then a straight to DVD or HBO special. It’s a short film with a running time of 82 minutes.

C

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks