What's new

Zone 2 connection advice (1 Viewer)

Hogie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hogarth
I was at a friend's house the other night, and he was showing me his zone 2 set up he just completed. I noticed he hooked it up completely wrong, he rigged an amplified output from his master receiver to a line level input on his zone 2 receiver, which is a low-budget, older unit he's using for music.
He has a line out zone 2 output on his master receiver, but the problem is he has about 40 feet of a cable run, from one end of his house to the other. The cable can be run beneath the floor.
I remember seeing somewhere on this forum a DIY cable involving an RG6(?) cable with standard RCA connectors. I might have that wrong because it was a long time ago when I saw that. He needs a low-budget option here, but I can't let him leave it like he has it now. Any ideas?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yes, RG-6 or RG-59 w/ RCA ends is a good option for sending audio signals long distance on the cheap. Naturally, you need two for stereo. If the cable has screw-on F-connectors, you can get F- to RCA converters.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks