What's new

Zenith Home Theater System (DVT412) (1 Viewer)

luna.s

Auditioning
I am very new to the home theater world. I got an LCD projector and looking to set up a home theater to watch DVD/Movies. I have a very limited budget (around $250) for this set up. What do you guys think of the Zenith Home Theater System (DVT412). Specs
5.1-channel surround sound
• 200 watts peak power
• Single-disc DVD player • Dolby® Digital/DTS®
• Dolby® Pro Logic II
• Progressive-scan

Reviews on Circuitcity are decent ( sorry I can't link). I have a medium size living room and I will mainly use this to watch DVD/Movies a couple of times a week. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
Not sure of your budget. But at least look at the Onkyo 770 system before buying the Zenith. You would only have to add a DVD player on top of the system. But DVD Players these days are pretty inexpensive.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I know you didn't get many responses. That is sort of because at that price point nothing can really touch the performance of these setups.

The 770 is just under $500 most places.

CC has the Onkyo 760 system on close out for $380 or so.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo...oductDetail.do

The subwoofer in the 770 system is enough to warrant the extra $100, but the 760 system is also a real over achiever performance wise.

Anything less than something like this is going to sort of cheat your Multi-Channel surround experience. In my opinion anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks