Zenith 27" HDTV $348.88 Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Will, May 19, 2004.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

BrandsMart USA in FL has the 27" model C27V22 for $348.88 I know it doesn't have the built in tuner but it does have a RGB Computer Input. Anybody have any thoughts on this model especially for the price. Thanks

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

At that price it's a steal. No, it doesn't have a built-in ATSC tuner, but you can get one later.

3. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

That is a steal for a 27" HD set. The only other units in that size/price range that I have heard of are the Samsung 27" (quite a bit more money) and the Advent 27" (iffy brand name, iffy reliability reports)

Most HD units don't have a tuner at this point. Don't worry about it too much.

4. bruin

bruin Second Unit

I have this set and bought it for $350 used! It's a great set, clear and sharp. Only has one 1080i/480p input but for the price that's fine.

I use a cheap A/V selector that's supposed to be used for composite video and stereo but I plug in the component cables anyways. As long as you match the colors up you can have 3 HD component inputs for a mere $15. You can find these on ebay. They are either blue or yellow in color.

There's also a VGA input (for High Def 1080i) but you need an adapter to use this. There is also a 480i only component input.

5. Frank@N

Frank@N Screenwriter

I'm interested in the 32" version, but it's probably the same.

What does the VGA 'adapter' amount to?

6. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

FYI:

A cheap A/V selector probably doesn't have the bandwidth necessary for transmitting a totally uncorrupted HD signal. There's a reason for component switches, and higer bandwidth in receivers for component switching.

7. bruin

bruin Second Unit

Well, to my eyes they look as good as if I connected my HD sources directly to the TV.

Regarding the VGA input, it becomes a 2nd 1080i input if you use a vga adapter.

I don't mean to steal this thread but has anyone tried hooking a pc to an HD via vga input? This is my plan once I get a cable.