What's new

Your opinions please! Sony SXRD 60" or Sony 52" LCD? (1 Viewer)

Roy MN

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Roy
Hi,

I would really appreciate if anyone could give me their opinions on the Sony SXRD 60" (60A2020) vs one of the Sony LCD flat panel 52".

My only concern is with quality of the picture. (price, room size, bulb replacement, depth of the TV are not important to me.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my question !!!

Mark

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Given that depth and bulb replacement are non-issues, and picture quality is of the highest importance, I would choose the SXRD without hesitation.

That being said, what is your viewing distance and the lighting conditions in your room? What is your viewing angle?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
lol...IMO....just the opposite...

Go with the LCD flat panel. Once you find / notice the color degradation the LCOS will become un watchable.

Roy MN

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Roy
Hi,

I will sit immediately in front of the TV, there is only a little light in the room and my sitting distance will be anywhere from 9 feet to 12.5 feet.

Thanks again.

jeff.m

Agent
Do LCD TV's have a fast enough response time that you won't see motion blurs in action films and sports?

mastermaybe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
james
great question, as i'm facing a similar dilemma. I would suggest looking at the new 60" 3000 though...24fps, 120mhz. 1.3 hdmi, xv color (which may or may not mean anything anytime soon) i'm putting that up against the xbr4 46" lcd which i can get around the same price.

while my head tells me to grab the lcd, sometimes that same brain tells me i prefer the pic of the projection...i wonder if size DOES matter?!

opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks