What's new

X Men Question... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I'm really starting to like X Men Evo, after never really caring for the franchise before, and it's gotten me wondering two things..

One, Any websites with pictures of the voice actors? I'm always interested in the history of the VA's and the faces in any series I enjoy.

And Two, Was the original X-Men series this fun? I don't think I've seen a single episode, or if I did, it's been long forgotten. If this ever makes it into DVD, I'm wondering if Ishould check it out..

James T

Screenwriter
I loved the original series and watched it regularly. The new series is just okay IMO. It's a superhero show aimed at the younger audience. Started with Batman Beyond, Spider-man Unlimited, X-men Evolution and now Teen Titans. The best comparison is if you enjoyed Batman Beyond, you probably liked the original series even more. That will give you an idea of what to expect with the 90s X-men.Same with Spider-man, and Teen Titans.

The voice actors, I believe did interviews for the DVDs. I don't know of any websites, but I'm sure they're plenty.

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I loved the original series. I still have one on tape. I would love for these to be released as season sets on DVD.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I love the original X-men show and I have a bunch of episodes on tape & DVD.

I also love Spider-man: TAS, Batman: TAS, Batman: Beyond, Teen Titans and Justice League.
I never saw Superman: TAS during it's run, but I plan on getting the box sets. :)

I watched a few episodes of X-men Evolution and couldn't get into it. Never saw Spider-man: Unlimited either.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I used to watch the original X-Men cartoon in graduate school. It was a lot of fun, though it suffered at time self-important-monologue-itis. Various characters, particularly Professor X and Storm, would periodically give overly dramatic monologues. This is part of why I enjoyed The Tick so much back then -- it parodied the overwrought speeches of The X-Men.

The X-Men theme song was also really good. I find myself humming it from time to time.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I for one, hated the original series. A friend kept trying to get me to watch it and I never could make it through a single episode.

Terrible art/animation and terrible voice acting.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I liked the original and Evolution has grown on me. I remember watching a couple months back on Cartoon Network and they were doing an Apocalypse story line. I believe it ended with Magneto defeating some spider-like guardian who actually was trying to prevent Apocalypse from coming into being. After that episode the show either changed time slots or started back from the beginning. Was that the end of the latest season? Is there another season in the works?

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
They had a full arc dealing with Apocalypse, and I personally thought it was wonderful. Beyond that, X-Men Evolution has dissapeared off the WB and there are no signs it will be returning.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I actually liked what I saw of Evolution. It was a nice way of putting a new twist on these characters, while basically staying true to them. I don't like all the voice actors (Prof. X and Wolvie in particular), but for the most part they seem to do a good job.

Jason

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Does CN only have rights to the first 39 episodes? Seems they are repeating from the begining. Not that I mind since I havn't seen it, but I'd rather see the rest of the eps first :).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
CN does this for long series. They've been doing it with Inuyasha for a while now...

Jason

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Didn't see a dedicated thread for "X-Men '97", so I'm resurrecting this one.

I thought the first two episodes were strong. They definitely suffer a bit from what @DaveF called "self-important-monologue-itis", but you can tell that there was a lot of love and affection for the original series. The recreation of the title sequence, with a few tweaks, was really well done.

At the same time, there are some pretty big serialized swings that a Fox never would have let a children's cartoon get away with back in the day.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I never liked the old X-Men show because it looked awful.
Some of the wprst animation I’ve ever seen.

Now this new ‘97 edition while keeping the look of that show is some of the best animation I’ve ever seen.
Ep 3 was incredibly ambitious in story and art.
Was surprised to see that it’s also framed in what looks like 2:35.1

This new show is top tier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks